Editing Midi files in Cool Edit 2000?

ssmokiess

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how to edit the few midi files I have. When I tried playing them on Cool Edit 2000 (I have no other editing programs), it just sounds like scratches when it plays perfect on winAmp. All I wanna do is trim the midi files and save them in the same format (midi) to be used on my cell phone.

I would appreciate any help.. step by step from the very beginning cos I have no idea what I'm doing. Nothing I try seems to work. :(

Thanks in advance!! :)

As far as I know CEP only supports audio files and not midi files. Try a free midi editior like Anvil Studio.

If I recall CE 2000 will open any file and consider it to be audio data. This basically means it will have gibberish data and it will sound like some kind of noise, but it has some potential for stumbling on interesting sounds.

Of course a MIDI file has not a drop of real audio data in it (oh -- you didn't know that? better read some MIDI basics), it's just a bunch of MIDI messages that tell a MIDI device what to do. But CE 2000 will play the data as if it's audio data, just like it will play a Word doc or a JPEG file or anything if you tell it to. It will sound like some kind of noise.

Back