Does anybody have an accurate frequency response to Beats by Dre. Headphones?

CrowsofFritz

Flamingo!
I've looked at several graphs, and each one is different.

When I listen to Beats, it sounds like, to me, that there is a huge boost in bass, then it's somewhat flat, then a small dip in the mid/high frequencies, then a sort of spike back in the highs.

Sort of like this graph.

68423301.jpg

But of course, these are my human ears we are talking about. :p

I've looked at several graphs, and each one is different.

When I listen to Beats, it sounds like, to me, that there is a huge boost in bass, then it's somewhat flat, then a small dip in the mid/high frequencies, then a sort of spike back in the highs.

Sort of like this graph.

68423301.jpg

But of course, these are my human ears we are talking about. :p

Looks like it has no true bass at all and they compensate by lifting the bass they do have to fool your ears.

All the other ones on the graph have much better and extended bass.

But what you hear is down to your ears and it all depends on how the headphones are measured to get the graphs.

But it does show a real lack of deep bass end.

Looks like it has no true bass at all and they compensate by lifting the bass they do have to fool your ears.

All the other ones on the graph have much better and extended bass.

But what you hear is down to your ears and it all depends on how the headphones are measured to get the graphs.

But it does show a real lack of deep bass end.

This is why I want an accurate graph.

THIS one shows no bass drop. Although it does cut off at 20Hz rather than 10.

191807-monster-beats-by-dr-dre-graph.jpg

Usually manufacture gives you the graph, I know a lot of people who own it and I think its more of how it makes you feel when you wear it. Yes it does provide some extensive lows compared to other headphones, and most headphones are equalized one way or the other, nothing is flat or true, minus comparing. I'm sorry I don't have a graph but looks like you already have bunch yourself. I would call or write to manufacture, maybe even Best Buy has one since they are selling it. Sweetwater also may:))

Lemme know if you do find more info on this, Fritz. I've got a set of the circumaural ones that have been collecting dust and it'd be interesting to know if my impression of them was correct.

Anyone who has used headphones much knows that if you move them just a little on your head the sound changes significantly. It's the same problem for measurement. Until there is a standardized and consistent test there will always be variations in the measured response.

Anyone who has used headphones much knows that if you move them just a little on your head the sound changes significantly. It's the same problem for measurement. Until there is a standardized and consistent test there will always be variations in the measured response.

Ahh. So it seems there can be no accurate response for now. Thanks

Back