Cpu overload!!! Help

BATERIA71

Hello people of HR:
First of all ,thank you for this forum ,it's amaizing!! and of course I'm completely new to this so I'm going to be using it a lot.
Ok this the problem I recored my drums on 7 tracks on cubase le that came with a Presonus firepod interface I bought ,every thing was fine, CPU was at about 25 -30 ,then I insert the T-RACKS plugin into the first track ,that would be the kickdrum and the CPU goes to 100% ,I even muted the other tracks but I couldn't even playback the kickdrum track by it self ,the sound is all chopped up ,it cuts ,it's a disaster.
My question is , what am I doing wrong? I didn't touch anything on computer set up or configuration ,if anybody can help I will appreciate .

This is what I have:
Presonus firepod interface with Cubase LE
Windows XP service pack 2
HP Pavillion AMD Athlon(tm) 64 processor 3500+
2.19ghz 1GB ram 250GB HDProduct number
PX769AA
Introduction date
27-May-2005
Country/region sold in
United States
Canada
Hardware
Base processor
Athlon 64 3500+ 2.2 GHz
2000 MT/s (Mega Transfers/second)
Socket 939
Chipset
ATI Radeon XPress 200
Motherboard
Manufacturer: MSI
Motherboard Name: MS-7093
HP motherboard name: Albacore-GL6E
Memory
Component Attributes
Memory Installed 1 GB (2 x 512)
Maximum allowed 4 GB* (4 x 1GB) requires the replacement of the installed 512 MB DIMMs

*Actual available memory may be less
Speed supported PC3200 MB/sec
Type 184 pin, DDR SDRAM
DIMM slots Four
Open DIMM slots Two

Hard drive
250 GB SATA
7200 rpm

Have you used the plugin before on other tracks?

T-Racks is notoriously CPU unfriendly..is it from the suite or from the singles (these have been updated to use less resources)?

IK Multimedia recommend at least 2.4Ghz cpu....

Id say your system isnt the most powerful so it could be something just as simple as that..I know many of the presets on T-Racks 3 would grind a Pentium4 3GHz with 3gigs of ram to a halt..

Sorry if this is all a bit obvious..

Back