Connecting Microphone, Headphones and Speakers to Audiophile 2496..Help! v_v

TJ-S

Hi, i just got this soundcard
audiophile_2496.jpg

An M-Audio Audiophile 2496 soundcard, i installed everything perfectly and all seems to be well. However i can't manage to connect my Headphone jack, Condenser Mic [its an AKG with a 9v battery, doesn't need a phantom booster] or my speakers. Does anyone know how i can connect my Headphones, Mic and speakers. If so please do help.

Thank you for reading.

I believe you're going to have to get a mixer to connect everything. That's how M_audio has it diagramed on their website.

Yes you will definately need to Get a Mixer as the Card has No Pre-Amps and it only has 2 Mono RCA Inputs and for the outputs you will have to use Powered Monitors or if you don"t have Good Quality Monitors you might be able to get away with connecting the Ouputs to a Stereo Reciever/Amp and use those Speakers as your Monitors and for headphones you could use the Headphone out on the Stereo Reciever but you won"t be able to do headphones and speakers at the Same Time....

You can Probably get a Cheapo Beringer 4 Channel Mixer for about $50...

Cheers

This will work, but keep in mind it only has 1 mic pre, so you can only record one mic at a time, if this is an issue. As well, the pre is not of the highest quality in this unit (I have one kicking around, but I use it as my monitor mixer to go between different soundcards and for the headphone out on it).
You could also simply buy a mic pre on its own to plug into your Audiophile - if you're only planning on recording one instrument at a time you don't need an actual mixer, and that way you could probly find a better stand-alone pre without having to pay for the mixer part...

Back