Connecting MacBook + Jupiter 50 + Speakers

farty_the_fish

I need advice.

Keyboard: Jupiter 50 keyboard Jupiter 50/
Computer: Macbook Pro
Speakers: Genelec 8000 http://

I would like to connect my Keyboard And Laptop to speakers or headphones, so that i could listen to sounds from my laptop and play and hear my keyboard at the same time. Either through heaphones or speakers.

How would you do it?

Thank you for reading.

P.S I am very new

The simplest would be an adapter from the headphone output of the Macbook to the speakers and USB connection from the keyboard the the computer. If that's not up to your standards then a USB audio interface may be the way to go. They you'd have to figure out if USB from the keyboard is the best option (least latency). If latency is not low enough then simply connecting the audio output of the keyboard to the interface will let you use the interface's low latency monitoring.

If you're recording you should know the difference between recording MIDI and recording audio. It may be possible to record MIDI while monitoring audio for lower latency. But I'm not really a keyboard guy so hopefully someone with relevant experience will post more info.

What about using a mixer?
I was looking into using a mixer as i could connect Both to a mixer and then output it to whatever i wanted. Also this would give me more control over levels and i could add more instruments and equipment as i went on. Is this viable?

Yeah, sure, a mixer would work for playing along with the Macbook's output. If you don't plan on recording, or you don't care if it's inconvenient or lower quality then get a mixer. If it's an analog mixer at least there will be no latency.

Back