Complete Newbie

Smookie C

I am part of a new church that has started up and I have volunteered to help run the sound. The original sound guy is moving and we needed someone to take over and I am it. He has worked with me the past couple of weeks and has gone over the fundamental basics of setting up the soundboard, etc. I also want to start recording the services so that we can podcast them from our website. At this point, I do not want or need anything extreme or complicated, I just want to be able to record the service (especially the sermon) in a quality good enough to podcast. I just do not know where to start or what I need to accomplish this. I would appreciate anyone pointing to any resource either book, internet or other threads on this forum that can help me get started. I know once I get going I am going to get the bug and will want to dive in deeper. Right now I just need help with the extreme basics. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you're already using a PA, just run a stereo out to the line in of your PC sound card and record it. For spoken stuff I doubt you need anything more than a plain sound card.

You probably just need a $4 cable from Radio Shack.

EDIT: Oh, and google "how to podcast" and you'll get lots of info. :)

Back