Can't hear playback in Cubase..

amusickid202

:mad::mad

I've messed around with my recording stuff a good deal today. I brought everything up from the basement to my living room. Also, a friend and I went to guitar center and I bought a Furman PL-8 Series II power conditioner for $60, an awesome deal because it's MSRP is $160. Anyways, that thing has reduced a lot of the electronic buzz I was getting from plugging into a wall outlet. I also had some latency problems but that's gone now. However, what I'm now experiencing is even more frustrating. When I was recording earlier, with my friend Jordan, we were able to hear the playback after we tinkered a little bit, but we're not really sure how we came upon the solution. Now though, as I try to playback what I've recorded, I can see the output level signals, the little bars going up and down, when I'm playing it back, and I can see the wav signals that i've recorded on the audio track, it's like everything's there but I just can't hear it. I know things would be right if I could hear the metronome count in as well before recording. I'm trying to record guitar and vocals and two different mics in the 1st and 3rd channels of my presonus interface. I"m also using a macbook with cubase, and the presonus firestudio software mixer. I think I have the busses set up right and all that jazz, inputs and outputs seem okay too but maybe I still need to rearrange all this. I wanna hear myself on playback out of the headphones like I could earlier when my friend was over. HELP would be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! THANKS EVERYONE.

Just toggle that speaker looking icon off. That's the monitor button. On, it plays input to the channel. Off, it plays recorded material. A common newbie oversight. :D

Hope that's it anyway.......

Post snapshots of VST connections (both input and output) and VST Audio System under Devices>Device Setup.

Haha what is it with Cubase recently?!! :D Go Jimmy go ;)

I think that guy in the other thread couldn't hear his metronome count off either...I'd do like J said and post a shot of your vst ouput connections and audio system! Shouldn't be a big deal!

Clicking to turn off the monitor worked for me. Glad I was able to find the answer here! Thanks!

Using Cubase LE 5 here with a Lex Alpha USB interface.

Back