Can I connect my Tascam portastudio to my Compact Digital Recorder??

big bodi

i want to record on my Tascam then copy Tape to CD? Is this possible to do on a Compact Digital Recorder (not computer burner)??

Yes,but why?Unfortunately cassette tape has poor signal to noise ratio,edge tracks bleed highs,dropouts,etc...You get the point.
I went through the same thing when I was new to digital recording.I didn't want to waste all my old 4 tracks that I did on my tascam portastudio.The problems of tape began to stick out like a sore thumb when I transferred to the digital medium.First I tried to "wash" the noise away with frequency analysis and parametric EQ as well as other digital non-linear editing techniques.But you can only polish a turd so much.
I feel it is entirely appropriate to ARCHIVE your old tapes on CD.That's a great idea.But cassette is simply insufficient quality for modern recording uses.

Tom

so can i.......

can i put just the acapella on my computer from the Tascam then put it in cool edit to fix it up then transfer to Acid to mix wit the beat then burn onto CD from the computer??

can i do this??

Back