Behringer U-CONTROL UCA222 for multitrack recording

Renan

I did try finding a similar topic but I didnt find my answer, sorry if this has been asked before:

I want to try recording an entire drummset, all drums at the same time but each microphone in a different track. (by example, bass drum in track 1, and at the same time snare drum in track 2, tom 1 in track 3, etc.) So I was wondering how could I do this?, I do have a small Yamaha mixing board MG10/2 with RCA outputs, I wanted to see how could I use this in order to record different tracks simultaniously.

I dont know that much about this, I was wondering if connecting a USB Interface between this Mixing board and the PC would be enough to get what I want, something like a Behringer U-CONTROL UCA222 (which wouldnt hurt that much in the budget), Or Im completely mistaken and I need something else to get that simultanious multitrack recording? as I said, I already have a small mixing board.

well using the usb interface that you have now you are only going to be able to record two tracks at once. if youll notice on your interface you have a left input and a right input. no matter how big of a mixer you buy you will still only have two tracks that can go into your computer at once. so if you plan to record to tracks at once, you will have to pan each track hard left and hard right and record in stereo.

so basically the only way your going to achieve your goal is to record each instrument one or two at a time.

hope ive been at least a little help

Back