Bare Bones

Scoot82

I am very very new to the whole recording thing and I have a million questions about what does what, but my main question is just what are the real necessities to start home recording. I play guitar and would mainly be recording one or two guitar parts/vocals/and hopefully eventually drums. I haven't purchased any equipment yet as I feel overwhelmed and I don't know where to start. I have been doing some recording on Acid Pro 3.0 (used mainly for techno music by most people, but it is all i have right now), with my guitar plugged into a Korg PX-4, which is then plugged directly into the Mic input of my soundcard. The sound quality hasn't been that great and I can't even hear myself when I play my electric guitar. Also, there is no real options to toy with after I record. The only equipment I own is the Korg PX-4 and my Amp. No mic even. So what do I need exactly to be on my way to some decent recordings (pretend you are talking to a child when you explain)? Any information is GREATLY appreciated!

Hey scooter-

I'm not that qualified to give you much , but I do know that a few of the boards here have an FAQ posting atop the list of posts.

But also, I found this other site recently (too late) but it may help you. A site that takes you top to bottom on what you need. I thought it was very thorough for the newest of the new.

http://www.tweakheadz.com/guide.htm

this will give you alot of starting info I think. The people here will help you alot too, especially if you make a real attempt to learn a bit yourself.

so welcome

Cool, thanks I will check out that site and see if I can get anywhere. I have been looking around the net and other sources for a while now, but I haven't been able to piece much together on my own yet. Thanks for you help.

Back