amp simulator

s0ze

I sat in on a recording session a while back and noticed that the guitar player was tracking himself with a clean signal and adding effects later on through a software program. I was too messed up at the time to realize to ask what the program was, but it produced some of the best sounding metal guitars that Ive heard. Does anyone know of such a program? if not then can someone direct me toward a program that will allow me to play a clean signal directly into my audio interface and simulate an amp for recording purposes?

any help would be greatly appreciated

s0ze said:
I sat in on a recording session a while back and noticed that the guitar player was tracking himself with a clean signal and adding effects later on through a software program. I was too messed up at the time to realize to ask what the program was, but it produced some of the best sounding metal guitars that Ive heard. Does anyone know of such a program? if not then can someone direct me toward a program that will allow me to play a clean signal directly into my audio interface and simulate an amp for recording purposes?

any help would be greatly appreciated
I'm not positive, but I think SnakeDog5050 uses Amplitube, and has gotten some really good sounds. You might try that...

Dogman said:
I'm not positive, but I think SnakeDog5050 uses Amplitube, and has gotten some really good sounds. You might try that...

Yeah, almost everything I've done lately is a clean signal going into amplitube software. It's cool because you can crank up the computer speakers and hear the distortion/effects in real time as you play the part, so it's just like an amp. There's some awesome metal tones in there too, I haven't done much metal myself but if you check out my page at the link in my sig, everything I've done except "All Along the Way" is recorded with amplitube... all guitars/bass

Oh yeah, and if you want to try it out, you can download a demo/shareware version here
http://www.amplitube.com/

Peace

Fine if tweaked correctly. I dare say a non-guitar player would never know it wasn't a real amp.

I've got both Amplitube and Guitar Rig. I also have Rock Amp Legends and Wave's GTR. My least favorite would be Rock Amp Legends. Waves GTR is cool, but it requires a special input device, so its not that practical or affordable. Guitar Rig...you can get absolutely as complex as you want with it...its freaking DEEEEP. You could tweak for hours and hours if you so wanted. Amplitube has some good presets right out of the box...and there are user libraries that are downloadable from their website.

I think out of all of them, I normally wind up going with Amplitube most often. Although, I think Guitar Rig has better 'metal' sounds, out the box.

I can't get cubase LE to get guitarsuite to be recognized as a plugin effect. I installed it in the Vstplugin folder. Any suggestions?

Im highly considering amlitubes, the next in line would b guitar rig 2. I just have one final qustion. when using guitar rig 2 can the software be used without the pedal? I by no means intend to use this live and I have all the audio hardware I need to record.

ericlingus said:
I can't get cubase LE to get guitarsuite to be recognized as a plugin effect. I installed it in the Vstplugin folder. Any suggestions?
Did you install the whole Guitarsuite folder within the VST folder?Guitarsuite is not one plugin,but several.If the DLL.files are in a folder within the VST folder,Cubase might not understand the filepath.Drag the DLL.files out of the Guitarsuite folder into the VST folder.
Did any of that make sense? :confused:

Last edited:
The only thing I dont like about Amplitube is, for lets say. I record Guitars. Then whenever I dont strum the strings. I mean, just dead silent. The "PSSSHH" of the Distortion is still there from the Amplitube o_O

s0ze said:
Im highly considering amlitubes, the next in line would b guitar rig 2. I just have one final qustion. when using guitar rig 2 can the software be used without the pedal? I by no means intend to use this live and I have all the audio hardware I need to record.

It can. I use it with a Firewire 410 and its fine.

Back