After a few years off, Cubase SX3 is proving to be a challenge.

soulboy75

Firstly, I have just started fresh with a new HD and Win7 where I'm more used to XP. I was going to learn pro-tools, but after failing to find an 'evaluation copy' that works witrh Win7 I am back to SX3. Before my old C drive gave up, I was briefly using SX3 in conjunction with NI battery, and managed to successfully set up a drum beat using my own sounds, so I assume I should be able use a two-bar sample in the same way, but apparently not (not by the same method, can't get the sample to play. Back in the day I would have used the sampler in Reason, but I'm sure it must be simpler just to use cubase with battery? Also, I have a version of the new Cubase 5 so would I be better off installing that on my win7 rather than SX3? Also, I had my phono mixer plugged into my delta 2496 and have not changed anything, but now it's not picking up the signal from my decks, even though the 'PC sounds and everything from the computer coming out sounds fine.... HELP! I know this is lots of really basic stuff, but my head is getting a bit fuddled with it all...

Back