about stupid questions...

Pro5

Hi all!
i 'm trying to make house music (funky and latino styles)but i dont know what drumkit or what effects to use(compression, stereo ehancer,...)and how.
i got the songs but...it sounds crapy.

Help me please!

Pro5,

What programs are you using?

You can use Acid Pro to construct your songs.

You can also use Fruity Loops, Rebirth, or Drum Station to make your beats.

You can use Cakewalk, Cubase, or Vegas Audio 2.0 to track and mixdown your songs.

Most "House" producers add the effects after the track is in song mode.

To save yourself some time and money you can purchase an external effects controller.

I know that Alesis, Korg, and Yamaha make these effects controllers.

Korg Kaoss Pad
Alesis AirFX
Yamaha ?????

Or you can use your realtime plug-ins, but I don't know which programs you are using.

So, post us back....:)

Peace SPIN :D

Hi SPINSTERWUN,

I use cubasevst 5 and fruityloop and Gigasampler, and i have a lot of vst/directx plugins. I have the softwares you said but i dont use them a lot.

I have a p2 350 with sblive and 128 mg

I dont have any hardware (effects controllers,...) and i prefer to use plugins.

i want to do my own drum beats and not use samples loops.

hope it helps you.

Bye!

Are you saying you want to record you own drum tracks and you want to buy an actual drum kit to play? I'm not sure I get what exactly you are asking. If you want advice on buying a drum set, then you could probably get all kinds of info by searching the Drums and Percussion forum. If you want drum machines, then you could get lots of good recommendations from there as well. Otherwise I don't see how you are going to get around using samples in some way or another. (Technically a drum machine would be using samples too, but anyway...)

I may be just not getting it, but could you better define what it is you are asking about?

"(Technically a drum machine would be using samples too, but anyway...) "

i was talking about sample loops.

Anyways, that was not my question. My question was : " i m try to making some house (latino and funky style) and how to get a nearly professional song with the softwares a said before!

i am new in this bbs, and i saw "newbies" so...

Hey Pro5... just a hint -

I guarantee many people will not be willing to register to check out an MP3 and critique it - in many cases it's already a long enough process just to download it.... making your clips easily accessible somewhere will avoid you being disappointed when nobody gives you feedback.....

Bruce Valeriani
Blue Bear Sound

Back