Video Editing software to split view?

Houda

Hey peeps the best way for me to explain what I'm trying to say is probobly just show a video so..
"Payphone" - Maroon 5 (Alex Goot feat. Eppic) - YouTube

Skip to 1 minute, his got two video's that are split playing concurrently what exactly would this be called?
Any freeware editors out there that are able to do this? Thanks.

edit: its more like 1:04 when it happens

Split screen.

Not freeware but I do it all the time in Sony Vegas Studio (<$50)

You can download a 30-day demo.

Split screen.

Not freeware but I do it all the time in Sony Vegas Studio (<$50)

You can download a 30-day demo.

second that

i bought Sony Vegas Studio on Tim's recommendation (earlier thread) and it's perfect. i even produced a corporate video with it and it was a smashing success

Vegas is very very easy to use, especially if you've use any other video software.

The 30-day demo MAY be enough for you to get your project done, I don't think there are any restrictions.

Vegas Studio is a no-brainer if you're going to be doing much video though.
80% of the features of the $500 version and the Platinum version will do HD >and< let you use all your vst's too.
There is a 10-video-track limit on Studio but I've never had any problem with that even on commercial projects.

Vegas is very very easy to use, especially if you've use any other video software.

The 30-day demo MAY be enough for you to get your project done, I don't think there are any restrictions.

Vegas Studio is a no-brainer if you're going to be doing much video though.
80% of the features of the $500 version and the Platinum version will do HD >and< let you use all your vst's too.
There is a 10-video-track limit on Studio but I've never had any problem with that even on commercial projects.

100% agree. I paid less that $100 for Studio Platinum on sale and it works great.

Stay away from the freeware stuff. More headache than they are worth. As mentioned above Vegas is great, Corel Videostudio is even easier to learn than Vegas. You can find both for less than 50 dollars.

I use Final Cut X for my split screen effects (Youtube: KatieHullMusic). I find it's easier to do without templates and it gives you more customization of how it's split. You can get a free trial on Apple's site of FCPX.

Back