You've changed - First song!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stellina91

Hey guys,

I am only 18 years old and have just discovered my passion for songwriting. If you could check out a part of my song 'You've changed' it would be greatly appreciated. The quality is not exceptional, but I have just purchased a USB microphone which will hopefully improve the final version.

Thank you!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=1019525&songID=8563335

P.S If you are a keyboard player I need you! Please contact me for more details.

Last edited:
Didn't really hear a melody. Not a structured one at least. Not really sure what you would like a comment on. It seems that you already know that your sound quality is not exactly radio friendly, but you asked about the melody and I didn't get a good hold on the melody. Even through the bathroom vocals, I could tell that you have a beautiful voice. That USB microphone will help, as long as it's a condenser. Good start.

Welcome to the boards and the time and money-devouring hobby that is writing/recording music!

You've got a long way to go on this (but don't worry, we've all been there).

I hope I don't need to tell you about the incessant static. That's probably an equipment thing. Get better mics and interfaces, and most of that ought to clear up.

The vocals have far more reverb than they need. You could definitely afford to dial that back a bit.

I'm not a fan of the hard panning. Especially on something as minimalist as this. The piano and vocals could both afford to be closer to the center without stepping on any toes.

I heard a couple of key clicks from the keyboard. Where did you have your mic positioned that it was picking those up?

A few times throughout the song (i.e. 2:00), there was this weird phasing effect on everything. Was that intentional?

Like I said, your work is cut out for you, but don't get discouraged. As your learn more about recording, getting better results will get easier, and you'll be able to do far more cool things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back