Would like some mix opinions

BAN5150

Hey guys,

My first post here. I'm pretty new to recording my own stuff, recorded in plenty of real recording studios, but not doing stuff on my own at home.

Anyway, can you guys have a listen to this and let me know what you think of the mix. The song has no vocals recorded yet, I just kind of want to a decent instrumental sound on it first. I know the snare is too loud, but what other suggestions do you have, like reverb or more compression. Or even EQ's. I just want to get a good idea what doesn't sound right.

Thanks!

File:

I like the drums but the snare isnt too loud at all in relation to the rest of the kit. It sounds like its played subdued to keep from being too loud. The toms are at a bigger level. The attack in the envelope on the snare has a tinnny sound to it instead of a crack, no tone( listen to the triplets going from snare to mounted toms). The kick is nice, but subbin out a bit much, which is overlaying the bass and hiding it a bit. The guitar is fine until the 3rd movement just be fore the end vamp, it gets a bit thick and cloudy in the mids and robs the middle of the kit and top of the bass a tad. This is a good sound, just needs a little manicure... :)

Back