Wooh Baby

Bulls Hit

EDIT

Did a remix and tried to incorporate the suggestions made below. Not sure if it's any better, or I made it worse!

If anyone wants to listen back and see if this version is any better.......awesome. Thanks again

Last edited:
Some interesting sections. Where you planning on turning this into a full song with lyrics (beyond what you've written already)? It would be worth doing. I think there's promise here.

The sound is muddy. Don't know if that's room ambience or what. I'd get that under control if possible by high-passing wherever possible. Don't know how many mics you used on the drum kit. If you have enough control over individual drum sounds to do it, they could use a lot of cleaning up and polishing. It almost sounds to me like I'm hearing more overhead or room mic than anything else. Tighter kick and snare would be good.

I agree that it's a bit muddy. It's a bit undefined and a little bit overwhelming. Bass could come up a bit and have a little bit more definition.

The snare does sound a little far away, this wants it to be in your face.

I like the sound you're aiming for, I can imagine the industrial nature of it. It's somewhat eerie and cool. The biggest issue is just making everything stand out in the mix. I wasn't bored during the instrumental, I'd keep it that way, but there are some timing issues that I'd look at.

If you're bored check out my mix and tell me what you think. https://homerecording.com/bbs/gener...linic/give-me-my-remedy-new-rock-song-383030/

I was gonna use the word "cacophonous". Though I suspect that's largely the vibe you're going for? Like a muddy QotSA?

With that in mind. The guitars and vox are kind of dominating the mix. They sound good, but when they're going, they sort of bury everything else.

Hey guys. Thanks for all the listens. It's great to get all the different perspectives.

Robus - Yep spot on. I recorded the drums and guitars before I treated the room so there is a lot of room in the sound. I'll turn down the overheads and see if I can tighten up the drums.

PhilLondon - More snare, less mud. Gotcha

VomitHatSteve - Heh yeah cacophonous is a good word. I'll see about re-balancing the thing

The intro drums tell the story - lots of toms way wide with lots of bottom end and the snare seems to be in another place.
the kick needs sometightening as well.
have you read GregL's mixing drums stuff in the drum section? It's worth a look.
I like the piece but with so much mud and the guitars sounding very high pass industrial I can't offer much more.

Hey Bullsy.

Is this maybe just over limited?

Guitars don't sound too bad. But your guitars are usually excellent.

Everything is super squished. So maybe you just over did it with the limiter?

rayc - I tried to dry up the drums and bring the snare forward a bit more. Yes I've read Greg's tutorial. It's very good - problem is putting it into practice!

TripleM - Yes I did put a bus compressor on that version, which has now been removed. Seems to breathe a bit better. Thanks Trip

very moody to me sounds good i'd keep the drums like that except maybe for the kick that is a little too boomy even concidering its what the drum kit had ot sound like. Cool guitars cool vox but yeah could take some lyrics

Very Industrial/Marliyn Manson. I do like it a lot. Love the distorted sounding drums. Tend to agree with Triple...it sounds over compressed and limited to the point that your squishing the the entire song so there is not much dynamics.

It seems congested man. Not bad, but I think it could be cleared up quite a bit. At the end though you have to do what sounds good to you.

Back