Wonky sounding garage influenced pads + bassline :)

I like this kind of music. It has a good groove. The early part was very engaging, with the hats/snare solo, and then joined by the kick, the that pitch bending synth. Very cool patch, that. For my money, the composition ran out of ideas about midway through. I lost the groove a bit during that synth breakdown part about half way in. When you return to the groove in the last third of the song, it become kind of repetitive, for me. It sounded like you had invested your time in building up the layers of the early part of the song and didn't do as much during the final part.

Sorry you have not gotten much response. It can be frustrating to post a track and get few or no replies. There is a group of us here who are actively trying to build up the MP3 clinic so that it's a better resource for people wanting to improve their recording. It depends on reciprocity--post a track, comment on the tracks others have posted. If any of this is helpful, pay it forward by giving a listen to some of the other tracks on the forum.

Nice groove! The mix/recording sounds great. I agree that the breakdown in the middle loses the groove a bit. Possibly reduce that breakdown by half, or reintroduce the beat a bit earlier? That is about song structure though and this is your creative expression so do what sounds right to you. The recording is very well done.

Back