what did you do today?

Another pretty offering!

I like this song quite a bit – and I, too, am impressed with the almost spontaneous creation – admirable!! The mix was already covered pretty well – so I guess I’m free to approach the rest of the tune. At first I was going to disagree with the majority and say that the doubled vocal was alright by me. But after a few hearings – considering all the other really nice features of this tune – I’d have to say that a harmony would be the proverbial icing on the cake! I noticed that you fixed your minor tuning issues – and that really added to the gorgeous interplay between the guitar and mando. But one thing really strikes me about this tune that rarely gets mentioned – your musical phrasing. Man, that’s some nice stuff!! There’s no question about the tempo but you’re really playing some cool games with the beat – especially during the solo break. Can’t help but feel the emotion and get caught up in it. Super cool – really pretty song!
~Milan

thanks ~Milan, lots more work to do here. I think I developed the tempo and beat phrasing, etc., from playing music by myself, and with myself, thru overdubbing and recording, for many, many years. I guess you have to find some sort of "style", if you will, when you're the only one playing. something, hopefully, that folks can pick up on. like you. thanks a bunch for listening.

Dan

What did I do today?

Well, I wrote a couple of PL-SQL queries, and uh....I debugged an Unix script, had a meeting, had another meeting, and uh.....fixed a problem with one of our servers, had a talk with my manager, went home, had dinner with my wife and now I'm writing this...

Why are you asking? ;)

cause if you didn't write a tune, and record it, you're getting slack. he he he he he sounds like you had a busy, busy day. time to take a day off.

Dan

Excellent tune!

I'm in the wrong business! From now on, when my wife asks me to mow the lawn, I'm gonna do it..take a toke...and write a song!

This is some great stuff!

btw - you've had a lot of good stuff on the board lately. Keep em' coming!

:D

guitar, thanks for the listen

boydrj, yea, joro's and my collab kinda sprung a leak with my creative juices. I was really dry and in a slump for a while. thanks for tunning in.

Zikes, yikes, kites, what is a meta-for? he he he he LOL Thanks for taking the time to listen.

Dan

Really nice tune. Even with only two guitar and two voices, the chorus hooks all the way.

Vocals mixed a bit low here and there, verses sounded a bit too close mic'd.

i enjoyed this tune.
its a well written song and your guitar playing is very good.

what mic did you use on guitar and where did you place it?

thanks for the listen Doug. and the comments.

jimis, same to you. the first pass is my vocal and one guitar, with a V67 at eye level with me sitting. the second guitar is in the same position, except I just lower the mic about a foot, and bend it toward the guitar sound hole.

thanks fellows.

Dan

Back