WAV to MP3 converting problems...

Nash

Everytime I convert my recorded song (which is in WAV format) into MP3 using RazorLame, suddenly in the final MP3, there's all this unecessary bass appearing out of nowhere! When I play the original WAV in Winamp (with the EQ set to "Rock"), it sounds good, but the MP3 gets SUPER bassy.

What can I do to reduce the bassi-ness of the final MP3, or better yet, make the MP3 sound exactly like the WAV? And no, not even encoding it at the HIGHEST bit-rate helps. I can encode my wav in 320 kbps but the unwanted excessively added amount of bass is still there...

: (

That's strange,I use Lame and never had that problem.
Try encoding,then decoding it back to a wav,see if it's still there?
Mabey there was a problem when you downloaded Razorlame?

Why don't you post the mp3 too.

I just looked at Lame,if you go to the options menu,there are settings for low pass filtering,under the audio processing menu.
Mabey you have it turned on and set too high.

Pete

Just as an additional troubleshooting test, try flat-lining your EQ in Winamp and see if the results are the same.

http://www.cellosoft.com/nash/music/test1.wav

This is the WAV file... I did not actually upload the whole song (it's 200 megs, that would be impossible!), I just cut out a very short section of the song...

And here's the very same WAV file, converted into MP3 using RazorLame...

I've tinkered with the settings in RazorLame but the problem just won't go away! : (

Any help would be appreciated...

Back