Tell me what you think........ please

stuck_on_music

Hey, haven't done this sort of thing before but decided it's time to get some songs heard. Looking for feedback especially on the first and second songs. More interested in what you think of the songs themselves rather than the actual quality of recording... although feel free to say something on it if you want.

Comment here or on the actual site, any feedback would really be appreciated as it's taken me a long time to push myself to actually start playing these songs to people.

http://www.myspace.com/rowennawiseman

Thanks.

Misjudged the case:
Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like the sparceness/space in the beat/groove.

Your voice is very pleasant also. No high pitched screaming, etc.

Did you write this tune?
I think it's very good, not my Genre and I liked it instantly.

Keep this tune in the same raw basic form you have here.
Your voice is good enough to carry this tune!

Edit: Going back for another listen, very addictive on the first listen.

Second, third, fourth, fifth listen.

I have to tell you. This is a very, very good sound you have on this tune.
Your voice is in a very nice register.
I am not a fan of high octave voices, you have a great timbre to your voice.

Have the guitar guy come in with a bit more of the cool lead in whammy bar stuff to set you up properly.

Yes, I wrote all the songs and performed all of the instruments and vocals. (except "misjudged The Case" which I programmed.

Not great on the guitar but I do my best, always have problems deciding on how much of it there should be. Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it, nice to know I might be doing something worth carring on with.

Not great on the guitar but I do my best, always have problems deciding on how much of it there should be
You have left lots of space which is hard to do for most people to do and one of the things I really like about this tune.

You did the cool whammy bar dive intro?

Heheheh, very cool. That dive is a very good way to lead into the song.

The deep bottom groove thing you have is awesome.

If you take this into a studio, don't let the engineer mess up the basic no nonsense groove you have on this demo.

The essence of this tune is your voice, the cool bottom groove and clapping/snare.

I must agree with EL34 - you have a great voice! Very soulful and strong. The song "We're Ok" is a well written song. Great performance and recording also. You have definitely got it going on......Definitely worth a few listens..... :D

Lonely Anymore:
Sounds good to me, I can only go by your lyrics. They sound clever enough to me and your chord progression is good. The harmonies that came in were very nice.

You have a very pretty voice and I am picky when it comes to voices (I don't even like my singers voice. His days are numbered).

As a classical guitarist, I always want to hear more guitar even when it is just the accompanyment. Maybe that's your style. It's definitely good the way it is.

Back