Storm

Emeric,

Thank's for putting up the shorter link. Appreciate it!

For future reference, where do you get the song number?

Nevermind, I found it.

[Edited by GT on 02-14-2001 at 17:08]

Just listening/looping the song now. Pretty funky! The intro part, do use a pick and fingers to do that or all fingers? Just curious. I hear some kind of clipping during that part but maybe it's the encoder.

The drum machine is a bit mechanical, I know that's a tough thing to humanize but maybe a bit of tweaking.

The bass is a tad loud in parts, may be taking too much space from the drums. The bass playing rocks though!

Great guitar tone and playing, smooth and competent.

Nice stuff.

Emeric,

On the intro, a thumb and three fingers. Unfortunatly the intro is third generation bounce, even kept out of the red, it takes it's toll. I have decided I need a sixteen track for what I'm doing. It would be so nice not to have to bounce, and have more control over levels. As things are now, I have mix as I go.

I just got a Zoom 123, so bare with me, looks like a good one. Probably a dedicated EQ wouldn't hurt. Having a drum machine do an intro is tough, but as you heard this song called for it. Got rid of that Alesis SR-16's digital ringing, that used to drive me up the wall.

Glad you like the bass, seemed like it fit the song pretty well.

BTW, this was the song that I was going to get BigKahuna to play on. Shame he disapeared. Picture this one with keys, and real drums.

You give good wah....bass playing great too, but like Emeric sed....space.....real drums would be cool, but about keys, I dunno, they might take away from the nice guitar sound.......gibs

Just dittos from me. Bass playing really caught my ear. It framed everything nicely and was very well executed. The intro sounded really cool, bounces and all, but then the drum machine kicked-in all naked and sort of "spoiled the mood" for a moment. I think the sudden shift was just too abrupt since the drum machine bugged me less as the piece went on. BigKahuna seems to be around again, I'd love to hear his drumming on this.

Gibs,

Thanks for taking time. I agree, maybe keys would be to busy, I was going to leave that up to to BigK.

Glad you liked the wah, I never had one as a kid, so now I'm getting my wah wahs out.

Getting the bass ready was blister city, on my picking hand. Much apreciated.

pglewis,

Thanks for listening, the bass part was a challenge, didn't come out as tight as I would have liked, but then it never does. The intro took a few takes. I came up with the volume pedal, and then came up with the wah. The intro is what gave me the idea for the title "Storm". Made me think of you guys in the frozen north.

Sorry about the drum machine, it's brand new, and I didn't know it well enough to give it its best shot. As Emeric so aptly put it, I will do my best to humanize it, for my next song. That will probably mean hitting the pads myself, seems to be the only way.

Did anyone actually hear the acoustic, I tried to make it blend, maybe it blended too well?

BigK,

If you're out there and you still want to do this song, let me know, and we'll get on it.

Back