Stereolight, Robin Song

Cooooool stuff

Robins Song--excellent--I would like to hear the vocals come up just a tiny bit. The keyboard at 2:26 is intrusive to the piece--it needs to be brought down in the mix from that point on.

Stereolight--one word--SMOOOOOOOTH.
Don't change a thing!

Wow excellent tunes, steely dan meets michael franks:D I wish I could get my tunes to sound like that. But then Id have to HIRE musicians LOL

Enjoyed it
Bill

very nice stuff. listening on crapppy speakers. very nice backup vocals. actually i have not comments at all on this. sounds pretty damn good just like it is. nice changes. nice performance all around.

i just listened to robin song. damn dude! that is some of the better home rec stuff i've heard here. nice guitar solo.

stick around and show us some stuff.

ok, i found something to complain about. the verb on the guitar solo just sounds a little like not what i want to hear.

oh hell, what am i mentioning it for. you've got down what 90% of all home recordings are lacking, a solid performance and some chops worth showing off!

very nice.

erichenryus - what kind of reverb do you suggest?

Sometimes I get worried about "over-slicking," know what I mean? I have the hardest time with reverb, because I love it... but I'm also afraid to abuse it so sometimes it makes for some weird compromises that my ear somehow accepts at the time.

does that make sense?

Does anybody think the final mix should be hotter?

I don't want to sell my soul to the loudness gods (industry), but I do want to be in the ballpark.

Post higher kbps MP3

I think most would agree that you have reached a point on this thread where it would help to post a 256kbps or even greater quality MP3 so we could hear more of what is happening.

Review the thread, write down all the things you think are pertinent on a notecard.

Review that notecard and pick the 3-5 things that really, really make sense.

Then cross out 1 or 2 more and execute the three most talked about and most important things on this next mix and then repost with a better quality MP3.

I can feel the love for this song on this board ...

Golly, I'm just so darn gushy about this tune ...

I enjoyed these both. Pretty solid all the way through. Others have touched on the mix nitpicks. I agree with most but you have a good sound all the way around. Nice work. I enjoyed Robin Song more but felt the mix was better on Stereolight. Robin Song had some instruments jumping out in places grabbing to much attention when they should not have. Stereolight was smoother all the way through.

Nice work.

Downloaded last night & listening on phones at work.

WOW!!! I listened to Robin’s Song

I can’t help you on this. I just enjoyed this immensely.

I wish I knew who’s voice yours reminds me of. Hmmmm…it’s in the 70’s I think. It will come to me.

This is wonderful. Straight to the keepers folder for this one.

Absolutely wonderful. The acoustic sound of the solo at the end of Robin's Song - I just replayed it 16 times - I haven't even put it through the studio system yet - it just rocks the whole room!
Man, I want that sound!! (17 times now)

Stereolights - from concept to lyrics to performance - 100% excellent.

(18 times)

You living in Homer?

(Headphones - yeah)

MC

Yeah, I live in Homer, the "Cosmic Hamlet by the Sea," as it is colloquially known. Interesting place.

The Savvy Traveller on NPR just did a show from here a couple of weeks ago.

It, like all cool places, is being threatened and polluted by capitalism and and such... logging, oil development, over-fishing, a totally spineless and amoral governer (Murkowski), but it still is prett cool.

Hey y'all - I'm not trying to bump this... I got all the great feedback I need.

But I have a question - can I quote you guys?

My "portfolio" is sucking the big one as far as reviews go...

But then again, who is gonna buy
"Great work , dude!" - (insert your handle here), BBS

but then again - who believes that stuff anyway?

What does it all mean?

I think it would be funny.

So can I?

quote and reference the URL

I say quote it and reference the URL in the copy, it's a new fad and a great 'visual' hook in a Bio.

Also, when you put the URL of the quote it makes the person looking at your Bio or resume ... pick it up at a later date ... a second time, so they can check out the URL's ... you might even get a favorite made of it ...

Hey ... where's the new mix ! ;-)

feel free to quote me, not that you'd want to, but feel free to.

i never answered the question you had for me about reverb. my answer is 'i don't know, i have no skill with reverb, and it usually sounds bad when i try to use it'.

one of the best reverbs i've heard is erland playing in an empty coffee shop in spain. maybe you could fly over to spain and find that coffee shop?

good luck to you, and post more music. man, you've got some skills with that guitar!

Back