"Stay" an asian vampire story.....really need some thoughts on this one

Duesenberg

ok...dumb story ahead:

somewhere in asia (wtf?) a young guy is walking down the streets, trying to escape from an female vampire (tataaaa....)...he is already bitten and feels that he might not make it. so he returns to her, folowing her calls...she bites him for the last time and drag him to hell

isn't that an amazing story for a song? lol

anyways...so far i have just the female singer recorded....the male voice (verses and bridge) will follow next week

does the song so far works for you?

i have heard it 2.5 million times and i am kinda stuck

Pretty good song. Honestly, the story would probably be stronger if you hadn't outlined it before I listened! :D

I feel like the vox might be a little loud relative to everything else. That is until the symphonic bit kicks in around 3:35. They're not overpowering there.

The song sounds great so far. Will you be adding the male vocals singing alongside the female vocals during the chorus bit? (about 1min 18sec) I think that would allow it to stand out from the rest of the verses well.

Yeah, it's not like Program Music where a libretto is needed to interpret the music.
The telling within the song is much more literary than the blurb you offered.
Sounds good thought the female voice sounds a little like the fellow from Yes.

ok...dumb story ahead:

somewhere in asia (wtf?) a young guy is walking down the streets, trying to escape from an female vampire (tataaaa....)...he is already bitten and feels that he might not make it. so he returns to her, folowing her calls...she bites him for the last time and drag him to hell

isn't that an amazing story for a song? lol

anyways...so far i have just the female singer recorded....the male voice (verses and bridge) will follow next week

does the song so far works for you?

i have heard it 2.5 million times and i am kinda stuck

isn't that how most men get married?

Song sounds good I don't think the vocals are overpowering (I'm hearing the 2nd version, though)

Sounds a little muddy when the guitar comes in

Still an interesting song.

It's been 2 weeks since I heard the first version, so it's tough to compare, but this mix sounds pretty good.
The vox aren't overpowering; although they may be a little buried during the symphonic part now. The interplay between male/female vox is good.

Great song, great concept. I quite enjoyed listening to it.

The vox aren't overpowering; although they may be a little buried during the symphonic part now. The interplay between male/female vox is good.
To add to what VomitHatSteve had to say, I thought that the lead guitar part could have been just a little more out in front of the mix, and I want to emphasize, a little more.

Doei

thanks...i "opened" the orchestral part as suggested...it was really too muddy...maybe it's now a bit too harsh?

I like the female vocal, she reminds me of someone, Maggie Reilly maybe. Orchestral part is cool. Nice heavy guitar, pretty epic ending. Good stuff

1st listen with the male vocal - def a more complete piece - funny about that.
Yep, pretty solid stuff - well done. I look forward to hearing the mastered version.

Mate, this is brilliant. The composition, arrangement, instrumentation, melody - it's all spot on for me. I've listened to it four or five times now.

Sadly, I'm just not so keen on the epic ending. But up to there, it's f***ing great!

Please post once mastered - I'm intrigued to hear what they do to it - sounds perfect to me already.

Back