Stadium Rock - Original

Sorry for the double post, but I was a little shy about my vocal performance (so it's posted in singing)

It's an original, and an international collaboration. I know the lead guitarist is in the UK. I'm not sure where everyone else is? Ed wrote it, played the bass (very good) and did the acoustics and strings, and mixed/produced it, his son did the keys. But they were looking for a singer, and can you believe it? They came to me!

At the top,

Where did the love go. (Mix crits appreciated, and I will pass them on to Ed.)

Rockin'Robby Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos

And I haven't forgotten you Mr. 1957... I have your stuff and will have time to twiddle over the holiday :-)

Robby, I have to admit that I can't abide stadium rock. That said, I think everything is well played, well balanced and you've all done a good job here for this type of music. There's no place for a lo-fi aethetic in this genre, so keeping the production shiny and the performance tight was key - I got no nits :)

:-) There's a little better remix up. This one didn't take long sing I just sang it? The next one (VH cover) has been kicking my rear for several weeks, and I haven't started the vocals? I'm doing the bass and vox, but the bass is "trickey?" I hope to finish the bass tomorrow and work on the vox this weekend.

Thanks and have a wonderful holiday.

Not quite stadium rock which I presume is a pseudonym for Power Ballad.
It doesn't lift off soon enough & by the time the solo starts the song is still only in 2nd gear. The rhythm guitars should have been up before the solo & the lead carry on as it does.
Good laying n mix generally but I'll alter the dynamics as mentioned.
The twin lead bits near the end are spot on for the genre.

Thanks guys :-) I'll pass this on to the producer/Engineer, he's made several enhancements already. I am trying to be "that guy?" But I am unfortunately not that guy... The guy who knows how all of this shiz works at a technical level? I am continually amazed by people who are really good at it.

Back