SP C-1 on female vocal

jimistone

long standing member
This is Tracy, a very talented local singer (and songwriter too).

I recorded her vocal with a Studio Projects C-1 going into a joe meek "british channel". I had the optical compresser and the equalizer turned off and basically just used the meek for extra gain.
I thought the vocal came out nice.

half the moon

Nice song

I feel the mic isn't doing her voice justice. I sense a little more warmth in her voice than I am hearing here.

She has a great voice, but I am not sure that is the mic for her.

Otherwise the recording is nice.

i think this is a good vocal sound to back a denser arangement. for this sparse of a song, i would lean toward a more meaty vocal sound... something to fill the space a bit.

Agreed - it's gotta be meatier - more in your face - the voice is thin sounding - the background vocal is fatter than the lead.

The mix sounds nice - nice dynamics among the instruments - I like your instrument placement. (good playing BTW)

And the voice - very, very nice!!! Relaxing country sound.
Nice song, too!!
~Milan

IMO, the vocal just doesn't fir right! It's not terrible at all but I agree the mic soesn't do her voice justice.

Very nice job,
RF

Personally it sounds fine, nice Burt Bacharach style song, maybe the vox could come up a bit, and that would emphasise the voice more. My opinion

I think it fits well when the other vocal part is there, but it is too week to fill her solo parts...it should be a bit...no...a lot more upfront.

Back