Song For Jessie

I *usually* try not to ever comment on lyrics..

great mix and song.. I really like the bridge too.. the sound is totally clean, and the vocals are great as always Mr.C!

Just listened again for the 15th time.You had trouble getting out the line "watch her go".....choked me up me up man...yeah Im a setimental fool......about the lyrics..I think some valid points were made but I dont think they apply to this song at all since it was not written to appeal to anyone other than your daughter....I love it..thanks for letting us in on this one.....I would be dissapointed if you hadnt posted it.

Thanks man.

p.s. are you familiar with he singer songwriter Michael Johnson?If you could get it into his hands I bet he would cut it.(if he's even recording anymore)

As usual, this great fraternity we have here at the clinic keeps me going and makes me feel good. Right now, this is really my only outlet and audience for original music. I play in restaurants all week and they want the tried and true. So its always fun to share here and I like to hear any and all comments. My theory is that the artist often knows the least about his own work--its the ears of others that shape the final opinions.

Powderfinger--on this one: V93 into the Yamaha Promix 1, fed analog to a Sony Minidisc. Later, I dumped the track into the computer to make the AIFF and MP3 and to edit the fade and intro.

jagular--OK then! But I'll put a parental advisory on the personal ones. You know "DANGER: may not be suitable for mass consumpion!"

B. Sabbath--I thought it sounded pretty good too, considering. It was just so nice to record in a quiet room for once! I just rolled some lows off the acoustic and took the mix in otherwise flat. I'd like to do a whole "live" acoustic album like that.

Participant--thanks! I don't think GT has dropped by as of yet...

Kramer--Michael Johnson isn't making albums anymore to my knowledge, but he was very underrated as a songwriter. I think the last single he released was called 'Thats That" and it was killer! Yeah--a little crack there--the danger of live takes--no punch ins allowed! I guess this is my unplugged song for some later HR Challenge. :D

Beautiful song man-Not much to say really-the playing and singing is excellent-the recording sounds clean-the mix is just right. Wish I had something in my world to inspire a song like this (and the talents to pull it off so well). Very nice job! Nice pic too!

Dammit man!!!

I'm sitting here paying bills and listening to some of the fine songs I've heard from here in this song came on again. The part where you said "Still it will be hard to watch her go" and your voice cracked a little came on and you got me thinking about that happening with my daughter someday and you got my eyes all welling up. Damn you. And she's only 3. I've got 15-20 more years to deal with this.

Ass :mad: ;) :D

(Whatever you do to this song as far as production, never, never, never retrack that vocal. That's a killer right there).

bdbdbuck said:
Crawdad,
You just completely blow me away.

I wish to christ I could write like you.

bd

DITTO!

Dude, you need to stick with you and a guitar. You really shine with that. Forget all that big production stuff.

Lucky for her, she looks like her mama.
You're gonna spoil her with a song like this, so go ahead while you have the chance!

Smooth tune again dad. Good writing, good performance for a quickie. I liked the change up at the bridge. It flows real nice.

Twist

Great song, really touched me. As a Christian I can say that I was not at all offended by the, Jesus might envy, line. It actually magnifies the point your trying to get across. I agree with the tone in your voice being perfect adding to the heart felt soul already in the lyrics. Nice smooth picking too!

Write On!

Damn brother, you are the gift that keeps on giving.....

........Man, what a great song. To me, one of the tell-tale signs of truly "Great" song writing is its ability to retain every aspect of its strength with a minimum production. I cant imagine this with more instrumentation. Im sure it could be done well, but it kinda sounds like it would just be extra unnecessary work. This is just plain excellent man...... ..the tune makes me all .....emotional .....and stuff...... ........lotsa talent in the house of Craw......

A crawdad favorite for me

.....a very beautiful tune here from a dad who loves his little girl.

g w/ A huge 5

Last edited:
yeah...really nice song. I d/l it and it's sitting on the ole desktop. I wanted to really trash it up and give it a whirl overdoing all the production crap, before you got to it, and did it right:p

So many things to do musically, I need another 24 in the day.

This song was nice to me because it wasn't your typical C, G, F song strummed the same way all the way thru.

Kinda had that early Paul Revere and the Raiders sound to it;) :D

Kramer--For sure!

Stratomaster--Yes. I'm a lucky guy. I gave her the song and she loved it. What more could I ask?

Jagular--Yeah--the thing about life is that it goes by so fast. Especially with kids--things change before you know it and you can't go back. If a song like this serves to remind anybody so they appreciate the moment, then I feel like I did a good thing. I'm not going to do anything more to the song. Its done!

djc--I would love to record a guitar voice album...nothing else. May just do that.

dtb--silence is sometimes golden! Thanks for listening!

Twist--Thanks. Hey! How do you know she looks like her momma?!:D

wfaroni--I'm glad the line didn't offend you. Despite the somewhat overdone stereotype, the Christians I know are the most understanding people around.

Guernica--I can't count the times you've lifted my spirits with your comments on my songs. Looks like you did it again! If you ever want CD versions of anything, PM me and I'll send you some. My favorite songs are the ones that work with just a piano and voice or guitar and voice. I may explore that direction a lot this year.

mixmkr--Now you're cracking me up! By all means--trash it up all you want. London Philharmonic if ya want!:D I think it needs strings, brass, tympani, Mormon Tabernacle Choir and an Eddie Van Halen guitar solo. In the end, you could yank of the superfluous guitar and voice altogether! :D

Seriously, thanks for indulging me with this one.

man you can really cover a range of styles! you're convincing on this, on country, on Bob Seeger, on old blues tunes that i've never heard.

i like this a lot. i keep everything that you post.

Back