A song from a couple years ago - On Our Way

Guitarer

Hey guys, I found this acoustic I did a couple years ago...Needless to say, it's not the best. I was fairly new recording and mistakes and effects are obvious and overdone, but oh well.

Just wanted to know what you guys thought, regardless

On Our Way

Both vocals and guitar were done with a single SM57 with no attention paid to the atmosphere I was recording in. I'd say it turned out pretty well all things considered. :cool:

Doesn't sound bad at all...was it done in one take...vocals and guitar at once? Pretty decent start....some good sounds.

Thanks man

I recorded 2 seperate tracks for guitar and vocals, then duplicated multiple times for different effects. There's a 2nd guitar in there, but it's very transparent (on purpose)

The mix isn't too bad. If you were going to change this mix I would pan the two guitars left/right and put the vocals up the middle. Effects would pan either side as well. The current mix does seem to have abit of a "cloudiness" that would be cleaned up by using a condenser mic. That is inherent with those SM57's.

Overall though it's a good mix for what you used. The song has a familiar ring to it.

:D:):D:):D

Back