Sometime I just the music bed and don't want to add vocals ...

K-dub

I just **LIKE** the music bed. Yikes. I've GOT to learn to proofread better. :D

Who We Are got together last night to record again, and did this blues shuffle piece. I put the mix together for the music bed this morning, and I'm fairly enamored with it as an instrumental.

I almost don't want to mess it up w/ vocals. :D

(But I'm going to)

I kind of really like listening to just the musicians in the band ... for we've got some really good ones.

This is live ... all at once.

All comments are warmly welcomed and appreciated.

I like listening to just the music sometimes too. So much to admire when you don't have the distracting words :P

You're song sounds awesome btw.

I would back of a bit on the vibrato or phase . Would really be better with vocals . Or more solos ... lol

I think there are enough soloes. :D

... and I happen to like the odd sounding guitar ... because I'm the one playing it. :D

Thanks for the comment!

I like listening to just the music sometimes too. So much to admire when you don't have the distracting words :P

You're song sounds awesome btw.

Thanks!

I did the lead vocal last night ... but I'm an occasional idiot.

I'd played the above mix for our keyboard player ... who came over to pick up some stuff. He loved it ...although it is still mix in progress.

I laid five tracks down to comp after he left ... but then realized I'd left the monitors on low ... (I was wearing headphones and didn't hear the monitors) ... but then listened back to discover my error. Grrrrr ... I erased my tracks.

I then did 5 more tracks ... only to have the stupid DAW freeze on me .... BEFORE I saved the project. 5 more tracks down the drain.

I then did 5 more tracks and saved the feckin' thing.

So this morning I get to blend in the lead vocal. :D

Double check, but I think I heard a small timing issue. I think. I wouldn't trust me if I were you ;). I had to go on Soundcloud to see the timer.

Right now it sounds like a jam song, but if you add vocals and want to stay out of the way of the playing maybe just use less in the spots that have nothing much going on. My apologies if that is the obvious, but sometime we get so close we often can see the obvious.

Overall, nothing sticking out in the mix, everything clear, good performances and sounds good.

Double check, but I think I heard a small timing issue. I think. I wouldn't trust me if I were you ;). I had to go on Soundcloud to see the timer.

Right now it sounds like a jam song, but if you add vocals and want to stay out of the way of the playing maybe just use less in the spots that have nothing much going on. My apologies if that is the obvious, but sometime we get so close we often can see the obvious.

Overall, nothing sticking out in the mix, everything clear, good performances and sounds good.

Thanks bud!

Mixed the lead vocal into the piece this morning. Give it another spin and tell me what you think. It is a jam piece. We play it differently live almost every time we play it.

I think the vocals add to the song for sure. May be a tad too loud in a few places, but not bad.

I think you added to the song with the vocals, and they stay out of the way when they need to. Good stuff man and it sounds less jammy ;)

Thanks again! I tried to keep the vocal riding just slightly on top of the band. I may still be a little bit louder than I want.

Song is awesome! Production is awesome!!!

Whoops! I forgot to jump back and let folks know I re-seated the vocal and did a few other tweaks to the mix.

Thanks for the kudos, CTP! This one is picking up a lot of likes on Soundcloud.

My band mates are awesome.

We recorded another one last Thursday also ... still working on that one.

I took Bouldersoundguy's advice and started uploading only wav files to Soundcloud ... all 134mb of it in this case. :D

We recorded background vocals at last night's session.

Check it out!

... and at long last ... it is done. Final touches with a slight revision of the acoustic guitar lead at the end. Brought the vocals up a hair.

Thanks for all the help!!

Always appreciated!

Love it.

I only listened to the first soundcloud (pg 1) expecting to hear just the music bed. Got vocals though.

Anyway, just listening on my laptop speakers it seems the vocals are a bit loud, but i'll have a listen later in the studio.

Back