something a little different for me , please review

gbav

hey , i recently recorded this song with my band...
Its a bit a different for me , usually the stuff we've done in the
past has been quite heavier , alot more closer to the metal genre.
Had a ton of fun micing up acoustics and all that , was just hoping you guys could give it a listen and maybe give a few tips or suggestions , im still pretty new to this whole recording/mixing thing.

The songs not quite done but i wont be seing the singer for a few weeks so i just mixed what i had.

Thanks alot in advance

the songs at

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1931&alid=-1

the songs called Not So Easy

thanks
gary

Not a bad job. Not my favorite type of music, but I still liked it ok.

I might recommend that you enable streaming. All I had available was download. Some people are going to need to stream to listen. Perhaps this was just an oversight.

I thought the overall mix lacked some low end. Not enough "weight" to it if that makes sense. That bass is just not punching through. The guitars lack some of their low end energy.

Lots of vocal effects. I'm not sure if it's too much for my taste or not. Seems the singer had a slight bit of trouble with some of those notes he bent. Just a little pitchiness. There was also a weird chord in there that I thought didn't fit too well.

I thought the drums were well played. I'd say the highhat is a bit loud and the snare is a bit soft.

Was the bass player absent that day?

:D

Some intonation issues goin on with the vocals. He sings a bit flat sometimes.

I can see where this would be a tough song to mix. Hard to balance acoustics in heavy music. The more stuff you have goin' on the harder it is to find a spot for each instrument. Some creative panning and EQ will help there.

Back