Something fairly mellow

What kind of 12 string is that?

I'm not sure. I can try and find out though.

Listening now......

Sounding better. Vox are a bit boxy and buried in places worse in the begining. If you want to keep the vocals at that level for effect I think your going to have to add more hi's, say a hi shelf starting at 5k or so up a db or so, or a parametric with a medium Q at 5k. I'd also look at a very minor pulldown at 250hz to kill the boxyness. I'd high pass at 80 or 90 if you haven't, it might get a bit Esssy sort of have to ride the line. That's one reason using 5k up may be better than just 5 k. You may have to boost less with the high shelf.

I personally would seperate of the yelling portion of the vox to a seperate track for eqing and verbing.

Listening again....

Sure sounds more like it's taking place somewhere now. I like it. Now that distant guitar is more like he's with everyone else.

Well, I'd take care of the occasional boxyness in the vox and boost the hi's and automate a couple lines at the begining. May be able to leave the hi's alone if you automate the vox alot.

Sounding very cool!!

F.S.

Thanks FS.

The vox are all passed at 90hz or more. There is a fair amount of automation already. I'm gonna listen tomorrow with fresh ears, and maybe smooth it out a bit more. I really wanted to keep the vocals fairly dynamic - but not if it's ruining the vocal......

I'm not sure. I can try and find out though.

Thanks FS.

The vox are all passed at 90hz or more. There is a fair amount of automation already. I'm gonna listen tomorrow with fresh ears, and maybe smooth it out a bit more. I really wanted to keep the vocals fairly dynamic - but not if it's ruining the vocal......

That's what I was thinking. Ya I'd try the hi end boost. hopefully that would make them cutt through before it gets too esssy.

Very cool listen.

F.S.

That's what I was thinking. Ya I'd try the hi end boost. hopefully that would make them cutt through before it gets too esssy.

Very cool listen.

F.S.

I'll try the 5k boost first.

The vox were a bit essy to start with, and are pretty heavily de-essed right now, so I gotta go sparingly.......

I like the EQ balance (latest mix). The vocal has a great tone to it. The strings are effective. The rhythm guitar is out of tune. The palm muted elec at 2:00 is really nicely done. I think you should retrack the ac gtr part(s) to get them in tune.

Hmmm. The strummed accoustic guitar is not standing out as out of tune to me?

I think it's sounding better. Most of the boxiness in the vox is gone. I still hear 250hz swell up in a couple places twards the begining. Vox still seem to get very difficult to understand in places that they are low. Could just be the singing. A little smearing of words together in places.

I'd probably set back the lh acc guitar a bit more if it was me. I'd likely shave a bit of volume. That might help the vox a little to. I really like the guitar sound! Very nice.

F.S.

Hmmm. The strummed accoustic guitar is not standing out as out of tune to me?

Unfortunately, I do hear that one of the strings is out on the 12 string. Didn't catch that when tracking. My mistake. Not sure if it's worth fixing, probably should though......

thank God someone else heard that the Rhythm guitar was out of tune... I posted that up a few entries above and no one commented it. It's been driving me nuts. Again NL...great tune man

cholo

Reactions: XLR
Back