So Cold "Remix"

mark skinner

Hello! I tried to address all the issues from your suggestions. I did a lot of editing and made eq changes. The song is also quite a bit shorter now. I was able to convert it at a higher bit rate an get it in under max file size . I'm at the point I can make easier eq changes if it needs it. "Any" feedback is welcomed..
Thanks to everyone.. Mark

Attachments

• So Cold s.mp3
    10 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Cool percussion ideas. Smooth singing voice.

The acoustic guitar gets buried in quite a few spots. You could probably compress it (harder). It's a problem more on the left side than the right.

The lead vocal might be just a bit loud. The harmony vocal might be a bit soft.

The bass is at a low level, which I think is perfect for a mix like this.

Nice groove and voice. There's some inconsistency in your lead vocal level that is making it harder to slot into the mix. I'd do some manual leveling and compression, then automate if needed

You song is lacking low end. I'm hearing more percussion than kick and bass. I'd rebuild the mix from the bottom up, make that groove strong.

Well, I just really like this song. Maybe one or two tiny spots you might "ride the fader" on the lead vocal, but for me the dynamics are a lot of what keeps me tuned in. Bass balance might be off - have to make myself move the cat off my lap and walk upstairs to listen to get a better feel for that though.

Nice work.

"Thanks" for the comments. I made a very small boost in the left acoustic , then I panned the electrics to the other side . Now they syncopate with it it instead of covering it up. Huge difference in the song just doing that. Good ears ! I also thought the lead vocal was a little hot .. it cut through the mix better after some eq changes but I should have turned it down a little . I've got the vocals leveled better now and bottom end and kick better without being Bassy like the first mix. I'm moving on to next song .. Thanks .. Mark

Last edited:
Back