Slower Rock/Alternative song

I'm checking out Amelia3, Yeah the vox can come up. Sounds like the rythmn guitars are too hot, at least for everything else. The drums sound good

Thanks GhostofFM and Misterqcue- the full blown mix with vocals should be up by the end of the weekend. Thanks for the listen.

Ray J- I think you nailed it on the head. I was thinking the rhythm guitars are going to have to come down some to get the vocals cuitting through. Thanks for the listen.

Colinear- Im sorry you feel that way. Maybe you would like to be a little more descriptive or offer some helpful/constructive criticism? Better yet if you have a "Talent" plugin or outboard unit maybe I could borrow it from you? Im doing the best I know how, with the best performance this particular band was able to give me. Thanks for the listen.

Just listened to Amelia3. I agree, vocals need to come through better. Maybe want to try some delay on the vocals with some compression.

Great job on the drums. The bass seems to move up and down in the mix too much, this is probably the bass player, but it seems to punch out on the off-beats a little too strong. Was the bass player using a pick or fingers. It sounds like he was using a pick and possibly muting with his hand.

Just MHO....:)

Hey man...Amelia 3. I didn't read this thread at all, b/c it taints me, lol...I FEEL DIRTY.

I think this thing sounds freaking great. More my kinda' tune, too, lol.

Two things:
1. The kick is just a hair too loud. When I pump the bass like it is in my car, it sounds a little on the dangerous side...not bad; it's close, and it sounds so cool I almost hate to mention it, but I think it could use a little taming.

2. Sibilance on the vocal - it's a bit harsh. Maybe the vocal itself could come up some...not a ton, though. Actually, like 1 db would do me just fine.

You've got a good handle on what you're going for, and I actually like this a ton. Nice job.

Sonic Misfit- thank you for the listen and the comments. I think I cleared up some of the things you mention in this latest mix.

CHris- thanks for the listen I caught your comments on the other board. (You know the one we can't post the address to here).

Ok so here is the latest mix-
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=3299&alid=-1

I plan on giving the band a copy of this one tomorrow assuming that no one comes up with any major nit picks. Yes, the snare still sucks but I have tried all I know to do. I feel like this is the best it can get with my equipment/skills. Any thoughst negative or positive will be appreciated.

Personally I'd do the fade out so that you don't hear them end the song, otherwise why fade out? Maybe just drop that fader more quickly?

I think you've done pretty well. The snare is better. I think his Vox turned out pretty nicely. They are at a good level on my speakers.

Beez

good call on the fadeout beezoboy. I can adjust that on the masterlink without having to do another mix. Thanks for the help and a big thanks for letting me borrow those extra compressors. I don't think this mix would have come together without them. Hopefully the band won't come up with any complaints. Ive checked this mix on a few systems and it seems to translate pretty well as far as I can tell.

"Oh yeah and I think the progress on this mix deserves 5 stars!!"

Yeah lol, i listened to that initial mix I posted. Its like, what the hell was I thinking? haha
Thanks again man

Back