Shreddage 2X Djent Test

That's some pretty rich djenty sounding guitar distortion. It's what I simultaneously like the most and the least about djent. It seems like there is a djent recipe book for how a guitar tone is supposed to sound, and every djent song I have ever heard strives to attain that same tone. I like it, and I guess it is a big part of what defines the genre, but why does it have to be the same? Why can't the super cool riffing and rhythmic characteristics of djent be expanded upon with more varied tones and mixing approaches?

Well, aside from those thoughts, I am finding that there is so much going on in the low end here that your kick is really getting lost. I think that in sticking with the recipe, djent kicks tend to have a lot more of either 1) wood in the 4k region or 2) click in the 6k region to help them cut through all the low end focus.

Maybe just simply bringing those guitars down a bit will help. They are very loud compared to other mix elements here.

The guitars are very loud and low end heavy. The tune seems to be mixed for a guitar sound demonstration and not as a song.

I thought it sounded decent. I'd agree that the guitars had a lot of low end to them - maybe too much. Had a bit of an amp sim quality to them.

Cymbals become a bit much. Just the same sort of bashing away all thru the song.

Good playing.

I thought it sounded decent. I'd agree that the guitars had a lot of low end to them - maybe too much. Had a bit of an amp sim quality to them.

Cymbals become a bit much. Just the same sort of bashing away all thru the song.

Good playing.

Yeah man those virtual guitars has one big issues - its very hard to hide too much low end and not lose power but I'm still trying ;).

Back