Shattered - Guillotine (Djent)

Prospector

Shattered - Guillotine (Djent) + Funny video

This is my first full song where I used virtual guitar Shreddage 2X, Trillian Bass and Steven Slate Drums 4. Check this guys and pls write what is your opinion and what you would change in this mix.
Thank you very much for any help.

On this video Im only faking to play guitar but this is how I see if someone would play this part of my song ;)

Last edited:
My strong first impression is that when the drums crash in, you added a TON of compression.
The bass is pretty inaudible except during the lead portion around 3:15

The tone of everything is pretty cool though.

imo dump the intro crashes and snare roll,drop the vol of the intro guitar add a bitcrusher/destroyer/filtersweep to make a thin nasily sound then splice of 1 and a bit bars of the intro to make the guitar start on an off beat .. that will increase the impact of the massive boom at 00:08

that snare imo could use more reverb,as in longer pre-delaly .. make it slap back and sound like thunder :D .. widen the stereo image of the cymbals,pan the splash more center (not a lot happening at 10 past 12) ... bring the bass up a tad ...

mid sections a bit empty texture wise, the lead in the quiet bit is where you can really tell its a vsti ... would have to do something about that .. a harmony or 2 and pull the bass way forward and use it as an instrument instead of support maybe?

backing guitar at 3 kicks ass !! what did you do ? shift the right channel over 20ms ?

as a guitar player the lead guitar puts me off,but im sure any non muso would get a kick out of it :)

defo one of the best vsti`s ive heard,mix is great,nice and looooouwwwd .. nice work :D

Pretty good sounding tune. I do like the guitar sounds, not so much on the lead but its personal preference. Can't hear much of the base and I think the kick is a little too loud....maybe if the bass was louder the kick wouldn't stand out as much. Good job

Back