The Satanic Verses

S8-N, you've defintly got the right attitude about what these recordings are for. I can agree with some of the things sonusman was saying, but I don't give a flip about your mic pre-amps, or about any technical jargon. If what you are recording sounds great then (as long as you've got some decent quality equipment- decent being what most of us have got) it's gonna sound good. Which brings me to my point. The drums sound they way they do cause your drummer (this is just my opinion) can't tune his kit! or maybe he's got some crappy drums or somthing. and where's the guitar? I hear it but it dosen't have a lot of definition. MoFoCult reminds me of White Zombie... -hey! are we gonna have a celebrity death match between you and sonusman? "Mangled" should be the soundtrack!

First of all, OUCH! those scathing remarks a few posts ago in this thread hurt a bit. This is a HOME recording forum, I believe -
or am I in the wrong place? Damn, take it easy.

Next - I opted for mfubs, as I had already checked out the other two previously. I don't really get it, but: I'd try opening up and cranking the guitars a bit more; I'd tune the drums and tone down the drummer some - in my opinion he's cluttering the mix.

Finally, I must agree with S8-N about his recordings as compared to others of this genre - It sounds pretty good. I've heard much worse - just listen to any college radio station that plays strictly underground material.

[This message has been edited by jitteringjim (edited 01-05-2000).]

Wow Ed, maybe we should start referring to you as Lex Luthor! Being "The Man" belies an inherant responsibility to behave in a responsible fashion. Obviously, you used your (evil?) genious to throw a thinly veiled blow at S8-N and the shock waves have turned out to be far reaching, huh? Everyone respects your talent and is grateful for your awesome insights but c'mon, can't you take a little ribbing without upping the Defcon? Case in point...
Yngvie Malmsteen. Unbelievable talent that was consumed by gaping maw of his own ego. You are too valuble to us to go this route. Leave the mudraking to us accolytes still climbing the mountain. You could probably copy those song suggestions and post them for every submitted mp3 but would that really help anyone? I guess the bright side is at least you did review something. I shall now go do my penance, please forgive my insolence. Besides, you may be the man at recording but S8-N definately rules the throat cutting around here. Kind of seems appropriate to me. I welcome the levity.

S8-N, I still liked the original Mangled best by the way. Killer lurching feel. No wait, I meant uh, you suck. Your momma's got a kickstand on the back of her neck and the b*tch chews like this. May your camel have many fleas. You call that a bass line, I've heard dog farts with more emotion. Microphones ?#$?, sounds like blah blah blah blah blah blah ....

You really take 'em on the chin don't you? I heard this story about a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert where some dude kept throwing stuff at the band. Their drummer, a fairly imposing dude, jumps over his kit and dives out into the audience. Chases the guy through the colloseum and corners him at a locked exit. Dude's all bugged, waitin to be stomped. Drummer grabs him, holds him up and plants a big wet one right on his face. That was so cold. You kind of went half and half on Ed but I'm still impressed.

HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME HOMEHOME HOME HOMEHOME HOMEHOMEHOMEHOME HOMEHOMEHOMEHOME HOMEHOMEHOMEHOME HOMEHOME HOMEHOMEHOMEHOME HOMEHOMEHOMEHOME HOMEHOMEHOME HOMEHOMEHOMEHOME HOMEHOMEHOMEHOME HOMEHOMEHOMEHOMEHOME HOMEHOME HOMEHOMEHOMEHOMErecording.com

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 01-09-2000).]

If anyone here is interested in finding out just how objective Ed "Sonusman" Rei is... Go to his website and download the metal band he is so proud of and compare that to what this amatuer has done in his bedroom...
I dont know the URL but the band is called "Anger management"...

The URL is: www.echostarstudio.com
The band is "Anger Management"
See how much of his criticism of MY home made stuff applies to his own "professional" PRODUCT...

How about a new name: ECHOSUCKFEST STUDIO.

Back