rough mix of a quick demo

tacc

just did this song last sunday to audition new singers. just curious as to what everyone thought.. www.myspace.com/allofeve check out song number 8, the other ones are just rough live recordings. thanks, tim

Sounds good, except the massive clipping! I noticed it at the start and the parts like that... it's in the guitar tracks I am pretty sure, or maybe the drums. just lower the whole mix down when you export it from your software, or compress it or something.

its actually in the bass tracks, when the bass player hits his strings they hit his pick up, he willbe doing those over.

ya, you can tell it's the bassist touching the string to the pickup. it's kinda cool though, it adds attack. maybe it's a good thing... i would seriously consider keeping it before scraping it. especially because the rest of the bass line is pretty much the shit. haha.

good music. what did you record it on??? the cymbols sound extremely mp3 formated and compressed, but i know that is because it's on shitty ass myspace player... why don't they just make it streaming hi-fi??? silly free dating sites...

oh ya, and i added you to my bands friend list. it's black letter day.

Jacob

I feel it's missing something. Vocals. :P

The song tastes American, which isn't a bad thing as long as you don't mind being pigeon holed.

It's well written and has a nice riff, with enough variation to stop people from getting bored.

@ 2.50 ish the drummer's double bass is suspect on the timing.

I can't comment on the mix really, as it's on mp3.

I only point out the bad things because the good things are obvious there, keep up the good work, and for the love of God get a singer not a screamer. ;)

Nice one.

thanks for all the comments. i did have to shrink the file to get it on my space, so there really was a quality loss.

Back