Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sample 8

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

wfaraoni

ear art's not a science
Roland mmp-2 8 samples of miced acoustic

Here are 8 short samples of mic modeling using an roland
mmp-2 mic modeling preamp. let me know which one you think is the best acoustic sound. for those interested in the mmp as a possible purchase you can get a small idea of what it can do with the same mic, akg3000, same setup, the guitar is a yairi wy1 miced at the 14th fret at 10-15 inches. Im still learning how to best use it. I was trying to create patches and I just could not decide :) also any tips on getting a more realistic sound are appreciated

mmp sample

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1644&alid=-1

Last edited:
I liked 7 and 8 the best because they sounded more balanced and less boomy. The other six sounded about the same to me. Just remember--I am miles from having golden ears!

What were the last two presets based on? (pre-amp model)

Thanks for the input. Sorry I cant tell you which amp model is being used because I was working off a preset patch and modified from there.
I think it tells you in the manual, but guesswhat! I just went looking for the manual and I must have put it in a safe place during my last cleanup.:D Now I wonder where that safe place is!!!:o :confused:

Its very hard to detect the subtle differences via streaming so I suggest a download

patch 5 was a definite reject because it was chimey. I also liked #8 the best as far as realistic tone goes

When I find the manual I'll look it up

peace,
Bill

Crawdad, Well I found the manual. It was in a very safe place:o
But the information doesnt tell you which preamp is being used for the instrument patches, it just says "preset in algorithm". the only way to select a specific preamp is to go to that patch which is set to a specific preamp ie. Amp red7, amp n1073, amp manSS, amp avtube, amp avsols, amp HHtube etc. my guess would be the MillHV , HHTube or the AV tube since they are geared towards acoustic sounds.

I actually used one of the guitar presets, of which there are 4, and adjusted it from there. I hope that helps.

Bill

Back