Request - Club Zero - "Project 8 ". Let me review in return.

Hey I like the the song but I hate how the I hate how at the beggining the ohohohoh part gets louder. I feel like I am driving by a screaming lady or something. I think it should be more one volume. I just think it is obtrusive. Later it is not so annoying with all of the rest of the music. Just my opinion. Great job on all of it though. Nice reverb on the voice too.

Beezoboy

Thanks for reply. You listened to the wrong track.. You listened to "Epoch".. nevertheless, thanks :)

Club Zero

nice recording and fidelity....and good dance music too. I can only say that you stayed on ONE note for over two minutes, and the stuff on top was very slow to change. ..very repetitive. When the break did come (around 2:30), it was much appreciated...But then you went right back to the same note....basically until the end of the song. Putting all that aside, the sound effects were very cool and nicely recorded in stereo. But, I imagine all this music was done without a mic, and a fair amount of sampling too. Get some melodies going, and especially change the action that is going on, on top of your bass/drum lines much faster to keep the listner interested. You could *possibly* get away with such a repetitive rhythm if the "ear candy" kept coming fresh.

I've got several posts going here in the mp3 clinic, initiated by "mixmkr" (me!), for your critique....thanks!!

I listened to "epoch"...out of curiosity. I could say the same about this song, as the review I just did. One note, very repetitive. The recording sounds great, the production and songwriting lack...and needs improvement. You also use the "drum roll" a fair amount, which sounds very artificial (even though you know the drums are canned anyway). the vocals are good, but always the same loop. Change works....!!

The style I produce is called trance. And song in question hard trance. If you've ever been to a rave, you'll know what it is.. :)

It's a dance genre which concentrates on the rhytm and through repetition it's "goal" is to sink a person into trance. So repetitiveness is very characteristic for trance. You know how those old indian shaman's fell into trance..? Through very repetitive tribal rhytms and some narcotics.. (I'm not for narcotics).. But it's the steady rhytms that will take you.

Thank you for your reviews. I value your comments. I'll get onto to your tracks..

Club Zero

Clubzero man that was a really fuckin cool track. Made me wish me eyes were rollin into the back o my skull, as I'm sure they would be if I heard it ar a club. It has a solid build, might be hard to mix with, mostly in relation to the end. I can't say as I'm a huge hard trance conisuerre, I'm more into melodic trance about 10-20bpms slower (Sasha, Tiesto, etc), so I don't really know if it's neccesary for most HT DJs to have a bit of a synth breakdown or general interlude/conclusion or if that's actually real taboo or whatever but I love a good trance track that builds up to insanity, which BTW yours does majestically, and then breathes with drama and bathing synths. I understand you're not lookin to kill the vibe, but somehow (I of course have no solid ideas about how) make a point once you've induced the trance, something uplifting, or maybe just plain fucked up. Don't have to be a vocal line by any means but you know, I guess I like how Tiesto handles this sort of thing: there's a lurking little synth part or maybe a perky arpgg. that stays hidden within the tunes intracasies and then right when everybody is losing their minds the track breaks out with that one part soaring through the air, and everybody embraces and all is love, yeah whatever right, I'm so rambling. I just think it's too good of a track to be limited to a measely 5 min, another 2/2:30 would really do it some justice, but again the only vinlyl I own is a few notches slower. In terms of sound/sonic quality it's tops man, totally table ready IMO. I'm goin and gettin the other tracks of yours now so we'll see if those are more my style, not that I don't totally dig this one. Anyways, I really dug your shit and wonder if you're on a label as this is great peak of the set stuff and my roomate, who spins Trance NEEDS a track like this for his peak. BTW man, you prolly gonna have trouble getting many objective responses on this board, lotta DJ/electronica haters here, sucks I know as it's pretty much my thing too. Oh and I got some stuff in the clinic as well, it's on the second page. Definitely alot slower than your stuff (almost 1/2 the bpm) but try to induce similar feeling. Let me know if you think it's good 7am stuff.

Laj

Clubzero,

Just got "Tranceform" and that's what I'm talkin about man, perfect length, another killer build, makin me ache for a clubzero 3 hour set, btw you spin too?. It also seems that there's alot more room to mix in with that track opposed to the other. This one is a really great track man. I'm pretty well convinced your on a label, just which one is the question??? Seriously though I'd pick this this one up in a second, 18 bucks sheesh, fagetaboutit, no problem. You got the skills home boy keep 'em comin!

Laj

Hi Laj.

I very much appreciate your reviews there. I think we move on the same "wavelenght". I've noticed too that there aren't that many electronic music producers on this board. But really I don't mind, getting positive feedback from those who don't listen to electronic music normally is valuable. I have a lot of friends of electronic music so I get feedback from them about the technicalities and such.

I am currently a featured artist at Kaevad Records, yet I haven't signed anything yet. Kaevad is a company which speacializes in getting unsigned heard to the bigger labels. They have lots of connections so I might get lucky through them.

I am, however, discussing about the release of "Project 8" with Peroxide Records from UK. I just sent the new edit on Friday, I think it might be there today. If they like it, they'll sign it.

You are right about Project 8 being a little tight. I thought I'd explain the reasons.. The first version which made the label become interested was 9:45 long. So it definitely was an extended mix. Peroxide told me to squeeze it alot. So I did, I shortened the track a bit under 6 mins. I sent the 6 min version to them. That's when it was still very different from this new edit and more boring. They said the structure still needs to be tighter. .

So.. I sat down and decided to mix it like there's no way they can say it's too boring anymore.. :) In the 9:45 mix only the kick and tambourine rolled for 30 secs in the intro and outro so I cut out that stuff as they wished and that's why it's so tight it just could not be tighter. And of course, it's always more interesting to make an extended mix rather that just cutting out patterns in between, right?

The answer to your question, do I spin, not at the moment. I don't have proper equipment due to lack of money. That's way I'm waiting until I get a track(s) signed so I could afford to buy some decent equipment for live play. Do you work with CD's at all?
If so, I can burn Tranceform for you and possibly re-master it a bit and send it to you... for free. Any play is a reward enough for me.

I'll look into your tracks now.

Club Zero

clubzero, I don't spin seriously anyways enough man, but my room/bandmate does. I really wish you could get it on vinyl but here's hoping for the project 8 singing, we'd definitely buy a copy of that, but...I do mess around with a DJ mixing program and put together mixes that I love for myself and friends, so even if I only had it on cd, atleast it would be hittin a few more heads, hey I'd be more than happy to push it on some of my cronnies as I know they'd enjoy it too. So hit me up!

laj2235@hotmail.com

Laj

Holy #$%@ dude. Thats some good sound at the beggining of this (project 8) song. You that song in the very beggining of the movie BLADE. I mean that is a huge compliment dude. Cuz that was an awesome song. I just mean that this has that amount of power and fullness. Very professionally done. I am going to download all your stuff if you don't mind.

Great work!!

Beezoboy

club....I had a ~fresh~ listen to your stuff...with the idea of "trance" in mind...and I enjoyed it much more. I also cranked it up this morning, while my ears where still *alive*, and it sounded really good. Actually, I let it play in the background, while I was typing something....and all of a sudden...I was done!! (how many intersections did I just drive thru??:D)

these last comments by bezzoboy, and your response are what I enjoy seeing on this board.....keep it up, dude:)

Back