"Pura Vida" - pure life

GONZO-X

this is a new acoustic instrumental.

i Won (the first thing i've ever won) a really nice mic preamp......

and this is the first thing i've recorded with it.

go here and download --"Pura Vida"

a first pass with a new A Designs Audio MP-1 mic preamp.
using an Audio Technica 4033, a Taylor 414 acoustic guitar was close miced and recorded direct to a roland vs-1880 recorder. Percussion and guitar body slaps were tracked the same way, same mics, just different levels on the preamp.

the 2 rhythm tracks (left and right), the shaker, the guitar body percussion, were all tracked simple..... mic into preamp into recorder..... no compression, no eq, just straight.

- the Melody guitar part went through the at4033 into the MP-1 into a dbx compressor, then through a digital convertor (art dps)......

The bass went through a Pod Xt, then through the MP-1, and then the convertor....

Hi There,

This sounds really nice - I like that main riff. Makes me take off. Melodic guitar sounds really good. Sounds like you got a really nice free toy there!

All your guitars sound nice to me. Good warmth without too much mud, you could maybe do with a little more high end on your lead gtr, but I am splitting hairs - it sounds really good.

I thought your bass might be a little soft.

Thanks for the listen.

:) Q.

Nice job, I commented elsewhere on this. Nothing wrong here except the lack of tabla drums and percussion. Oh and the bass guitar. Maybe a lovely female voice chanting in the the etheral background. But I digress...

Very nice sounding guitars and tasty licks. I too "hear" upright bass and congas or tablas with this. Sorry about getting nitpicky with the title but "pure life"- living in an "uncorrupt" life would be "vida pura" while pura vida has a different shade of meaning and would be used to describe someone or thing that is "lively" or "full of live"...anyway either meaning is cool by me and like I said very nice sounding guitars.
el jordo

middleman-
yeah, i tried to approximate a tabla like track with playing on the back of the guitar and micing it....
do you think it could be louder in the mix?
thanks for listening.....i'll hunt for that female singer...... LOL

jordokid-
pure life..... pura vida.... inspired simply from a skiing video i've seen.....
i should try to find some decent congas, and start learning... i like the idea of THAT sound.......
thanks!

Back