The Program

Progger

Please check out an instrumental I wrote for my Scifi class. I did it all on n-Track studio, wrote and performed all the parts. The bass is a little bit high in the mix, because my monitors have pretty crappy bass response. Please tell me what you think!

A big thanks to my good friend for hosting the song!

Sounds great to me!
Thats something I'd like to for my Berklee audition cd -- play every instrument on a song and record.

I like the drum sound -- what mic's did you use?

- Justin -

You're applying to Berklee? Cool, man. I plan on applying next year, I can't wait.

The mics I used on the drums were thus: SM57 for the snare and hats, two Yamaha overheads (don't even know the model, they're pretty cheap dynamics I borrowed from my dad), and a Behringer B-1 for the bass, all running through a Behringer Eurorack 1204FX-Pro. I was really surprised at how good it sounded.

Yeah, I'm a Jr. in High School this year, I'll be a senior next year. I guess I should start learning some chords on guitar sometime soon...:eek:

Sorry to be picky about your setup, but I have a couple questions...
Did you use one 57 for the snare and hats, or one on each?
And, are those Yamaha overheads small diaphram, or large diaphram?

- Justin

Just one Shure on the snare and hats. I angled it facing straight down on the far left of the snare, near the rim. It picked up the hats nicely. The yamahas, I'm not sure if they're large or small diaphragms. Looking at the mic, it says its a MZ106s. May want to google it up sometime.

Wow, that was interesting. What kind of guitar-amp-pedal did you have going on there? Berkley....... know that sounds fun.
Party on........:cool:

My effects pedal is a Korg Toneworks 1500g. I just went direct in with it, 'cause I have no decent amps. It really lights my fire. Now if only I had a piezo in my bridge . . .

Back