Please tell me if this song sucks or not?

J

jokerone

This is version 1.0.

Is it worth going to version 2.0?

You won't hurt my feelings. ;)

Attachments

• Zephyrnaut.mp3
    4.3 MB · Views: 45
well walter I really enjoyed it....not keen on the sax, but hell 808 state got away with it so why shouldn't you :)

nice driving beat...bit old fashioned sounding but thats not a problem in my book...definitely worth a v2

what did you use to make it?

well walter I really enjoyed it....not keen on the sax, but hell 808 state got away with it so why shouldn't you :)

nice driving beat...bit old fashioned sounding but thats not a problem in my book...definitely worth a v2

what did you use to make it?

That’s really good to hear. Sometimes I ask someone a question like, So did you like it, and they respond with “So did you watch game 6 of the world series” DOH!
I used almost all Native Instruments (Komplete 8) tools. Reaktor, Massive, Absynth for the weirder stuff, Kontakt for the Sax, and Maschine for the Drums.
My Ham Radio for the “voice message”.

Cubase 6 to mix it.
Glad you liked it and I will do a version 2.0!

I showed up looking for song plays, so I figured I'd drop in and contribute as well. I definitely like the sound of this. A nice throwback, especially if you loved the Plastic Beach album by Gorillaz as much as I did. It's definitely got that feel to it. Any plans for lyrics? I'm not much for them but I could definitely hear potential in that direction. If not, it's a very nice instrumental. Keep up the good work!

It took a little while to get going, but I thought it was good overall. Lot's of stuff near the edges of the stereo spread. Sounded cool on headphones.

Maybe wet down the sax a bit? Sounded kind of dry compared to the rest of the sounds. Maybe a gated verb?

I like this song and I definitely think it's good enough for a v2. I think the sax sound is a bit dry, but outside of that the mix is good in my opinion. I'd love to hear some lyrics on this one. I think it could be really interesting.

starts off like Pink Floyd...then goes all funky.....I think it needs some musical change during the sax part...drop in a chorus there and you'll have a winner....not a fan of the canned drums.....ambient sounds (wind) is pretty cool....

I dug the lo fi vox.

Thanks to all! I really appreciate the feedback. Version 2.0 should be done next weekend, then probably a version 3.0 (which might include some lyrics).
I’ll incorporate the changes suggested and see what happens. I’ll post the results.
Thanks again.

starts off like Pink Floyd...then goes all funky.....I think it needs some musical change during the sax part...drop in a chorus there and you'll have a winner....not a fan of the canned drums.....ambient sounds (wind) is pretty cool....

I dug the lo fi vox.

Cool. I might incorporate some more lo fi vox in Version 2.0. perhaps during the bridge (bridge /chorus that doesn't exist now.)
thanks for the comments.

I enjoyed it and found it different to what I normally listen to. The second time I listened back through it became obvious that bringing the bass up a bit more would support the overall dance beat vibe.

Did not like the song. Took way too long to get rolling, and then when it did it didn't go anywhere. I think the mix is good though. Nice depth and layers of sound.

Did not like the song. Took way too long to get rolling, and then when it did it didn't go anywhere. I think the mix is good though. Nice depth and layers of sound.

thank! you are correct, and those are two things I want to fix on verision 2.0.

I enjoyed it and found it different to what I normally listen to. The second time I listened back through it became obvious that bringing the bass up a bit more would support the overall dance beat vibe.

Good idea! The main kick drum rattles my car speakers (cheap kia speakers). I hadn't listened to it anyplace other my studio montiors and my computer monitor cheapo-speakers at work. Wasn't even worth it at work. Tonight I gave the car a try.

I'm hoping version 2.0 works out better given all the great suggestions I've gotten here.

thanks again!

Back