Please comment

Pro's

1. Good tone for the guitar. What did you use?

Con's

1. Background music is too dry compared to the guitar
2. Song is too repetitive, needs some different parts.
3. Lead needs work. Not interesting enough.
4. No stereo image. Everything is coming from the center.
5. Bass guitar part is too quiet and needs eq and compression.

Hope this helps

Got you, man.

I am using a drum machine, and I recorded drums, bass, on the same track.

I will be recording bass, snare, bass drum, hihat, all on different tracks. I will be able to tweak it. I just got this recorder, just playing around with it right now. Just basically showing off my guitar playing.

This is what came through me playing over this rhythm track. It's art man. Just something that happened. I think it has a very good feel, and tone. Is it repetitive, sure. Could it be better, probably.

But if artists went around and changed everything that wasn't right, it wouldn't really be art. It is just something that happens at the moment. It is like all my song postings, all did the same way. Nothing arranged

Ok, first off i like you're handle, we've been waiting for the 5th coming.. :D

I understand this was a bed with some soloing over top, here's what i'd like to suggest.

I don't know if you modified it since Kaos reviewed but i'm getting some stereo issues here.

The guitar lead has a stereo ping pong effect going throughout the entire song that seems to me to be distracting. I'm gonna bet that you're gonna get other comments on this.

The tone and the chops are good, keep up the good work. Really reminds me of stuff I used to write when i worked on my chops on my zoom all the time (it's a great tool btw).

One last thing, if you could do me a favor and pay it forward.

Maybe review two other songs in the clinic for every person that posts in your thread?:D

I like the sound of the guitar. What equipment did you use?
I did notice the effect you gave the guitar (the ping pong effect). I think it was overdone. Maybe if you did it on some of the high points of your solo... but not too much. Ditto with everything that Khompewtur & KaosTheory2.0 said including lending your ears to others also. Check out the other mp3s. Thanx

Gibson Les Paul Standard into a KORG D1200mkii digital recorder.

This thing has REMS modeling, and all the effects you will ever need.

The guitar has Reverb Room. Maybe to high.

And the DRUMS and bass have the ST.Autopanning delay, this is probably the ping pong your hearing.

KaosTheory2.0 said:
Pro's

1. Background music is too dry compared to the guitar

In my cans, it sounds like the guitar is too wet compared to the background.

Very enjoyable piece of music.

Back