Please Check this mix

Loved the tune. The singer somehow reminds me of Geddy Lee from Rush. Not quite as high, but similar texture.

I also loved the sound of the snare drum. Very rich. Nicely done.

I liked it, but you are right, it has some low end issues in the kick and bass guitar.

the basic tracks and instruments are a good start , but low end is always a problem for me.
It ends up being small adjustments to all the instruments cutting out un-needed low end below 300 hz.(not necessarily ALL low end below that...just what is not absolutely needed)

Since the bass guitar is more of a sustaining sound you need pull as much of the woof out of the track as you can, the kick has some cotton around 300 hz and some below 80 hz "extra" that helps on big speaker systems but farts out on small speakers systems.

The trick is finding the harmonics of the kick and bass in 700 - 1000 hz range that mirror the fundamental that give it the sonic signature and definition that make it pop out on smaller speaker.
You basically "fake out" peoples ears and let their brain fill in the low end.

Very nice job. I also hear Rush in the vox. I did notice the crashes sounded a little washy and could use just a hint of highs. Tonight I'm feeling like spreading some points around. Enjoy them.

I don't think it's muddy. The kick could use some work though. More attack, less midrange. Try a wide scopp centered around 400 and see if the kick cleans up. The rest sounds great.

Back