Playing With Myself

hey there,
sounds like a good song. Pretty good job mixing it. You have a good van halen sound to the guitar. good song. The song seems to missing some depth though. The upper end is lacking in my opinion. the mix seems to be possibly over comperssed. with some more polish, it will be a reall fine tune. Keep them coming.

thanks for sharing it.
Jason

Drums and percussion seemed to overpower/obscure the vocal a little, too bad because the vocal treatment was great. Maybe the vocal just needs to come up a little.

The panning at the opening was pretty neat.

Overall a very cohesive sound, nice job.

That's a good song, good recording. At first I though it sounded like Rush, but I hear the Van Halen influence as well. The only thing that I noticed was the cymbals seemed too loud, maybe just my computer speakers. More please.

yep, the hi-hat is WAY too loud, and the vocal effect is too prevalent. Guitars need a bit more low mids(I know that's vague). If I was in your place, I'd also throw down two more rhythm guitar tracks for the "main" parts, hard pan one left, and the other right, but cut them out during solos. Then increase the volume on the solo sections a bit.

Good song though, and it's probably better than anything I could come up with at this point in time. :)

Cool Tune. Sorta reminds me of Rush and a bit of Rat..I think the ending needs more work to carve out some space for everything that's gong on.

:D

I don't think that I could fit any more guitar tracks. The swirling part in the beginning is 2 tracks, there are 4 rhythm tracks and 4 lead tracks during the solo.
The ending is a little crowded due to the extra vocal tracks. The 3 part harmony is doubled [6 tracks] plus the 3 other parts that are doing the round.
Being compared to Rush and Ratt is a huge compliment thanks.

Wow! your rhythm is really tight. I couldn't even tell there were layered tracks already! Impressive!

Well, there's just something about the rhythm guitars that makes them sound kinda "small" I guess. Maybe it's the overpowering hi-hat.

Back