Pirate metal song and a funk song about getting laid

LeeRosario

"A Dead Man's Tale"
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7867007

"Get Funky"
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7867011

Sup dudes!

As some of you may know, I am currently producing, writing and engineering for an album called "Killing Pedro" due out late summer. I feel proud of this one for all the man hours spent getting it up to par (in part thanks to your input).

I wanted to give you a sneek peak at the sounds I've been getting here. Enjoy!

Feel free to ask whatever info you want. (Disclaimer: the pirate song isn't actually metal) :D

>:O I WANT METAL NOW. haha

I think they're perfect. Nothing more to say.

<33

p.s. how'd you mic the guitars??

Dead man's Tale - nice work Lee. Good sounds. Sounds good. I like the discordant noodles too.
The shouted voice isn't quite convincing to my ear.
Funky - is. I assume the horns are synths.
athe chorus is very good.
Nice work mate.
Good bass throughout!!!!

Bravo! Your work is coming along nice especially with the vocals.

Get Funky had me thinking of Shaft an older movie probably before you were born but way ahead of its time. The only change I'd like is a little more snare in the snare but that just a personal thing.

Good job!

thank you guys, I really like the way things are coming along...especially when ray actually gives my bass tracks the O.K. :D

Of course without Bob's thumbs up, I don't think I could ever forgive myself :D

Ray, believe it or not the trumpets are the real deal. I worked with a guy bout my age who's a master trumpet player who goes by the name of Carlos Sanchez. Brilliant kid.

Just one SM57 right at the horn.

Grape, the guitar's believe it or not was a very simple deal. For the solo stuff I put an SM57 right up on the mesh of a line 6 4x12 cab with a Bulgera Head. The guitar on that one was a PRS played by an old friend of mine, Edwin Barbosa.

The rhythm stuff was a borrowed modifed Ibanez with seymore duncan pickups. DIed.

Let me see if I can put up the session photos I took.

Last edited:
Back