our hiphop album is complete, care to remark before the final mixdown?

shackrock

I'm basically allllllll done with all this mixing and mastering for our cd, "Quad 5 Trio - Part II".

I put up 2 samples of 2 songs...I'd love some final comments, especially on picky things - and how's my low end, bumpable in cars with phat bass? ha.

First - using Palladio as the beat, we have:
"ICE"
MP3: 44100 Hz, Stereo, CBR 256 kbps, Lowpass-Filter 19500 Hz
http://www.nowhereradio.com/shackrock/singles

Second - our hit single about the city we love, Cincinnati:
"Cincinnati - (five one three)"
MP3: 44100 Hz, Stereo, CBR 256 kbps, Lowpass-Filter 19500 Hz
http://www.nowhereradio.com/shackrock/singles

Any and ALL comments welcomed, be critical please! ha.

Thanks again.

Not my style, but I give you credit for using the " Diamonds" tune for this music.

It is well done, I like it. Mix is good, hope you sell a bunch of them!

Hey, when I first entered this board I was suprised by the lack of hiphop and techno...apparently there is some of that around.

Don't worry about your low end, it's pretty f*ckin phat. Cool samples, too!

I do believe the vocals could and should be mixed dirtier for this type of hiphop. It's way too clean: try to use a rotten mic next time :) Or try to add some distortion or other effects.

Maybe my personal opinion, but hiphopvocals should be spittin' dirty...

Thats a pretty darned good recording. I like the tones of the music. Vocals were clear and distinct. Like Ped said Im usually hearing them a little more agressive tonewise and prescence wise. This is not my specialty but I really admire you guys for how you do that.
Im from Alabama and we surely cant talk that fast, and listening so fast sometimes makes us fall down n stuff. :)

Hey Shack,

I particularly enjoyed the strings and the lyrics starting at 1:30 to 1:45. The crescendo was very effective.

I think the bass can be a bit heavier though. But that's just me.

Good work.

KF

Being a white middle class male born and raised in the suburbs I thought to myself who better to review this than a member of hip hops target audience. :)
I listened to both songs and was very impressed. I like the beats and the way you mix classical sounding backrounds and build the intensity of the lyrics with the music. low end sounds just fine. it sounds like three guys rappin but i could be way off. the guy with the lightning quick tongue(ala Busta) kills me. he takes the 2nd verse in Cincinnati. love that shizzy biznitch. some of the other voices put me in mind of the rapper in Linkin Park with a bit of ICP flavor. just in the vocal tone not in the songs as a whole. i thought the musical production was excellent but the vocals could use some work. i would definately compress those group vocal parts and the vocals in general. also, it sounds cool when you double the lead vocal track. adds some conviction that at times your just a touch shy on. lil bit of bells and wistles in the vocal production and and these songs could be shakin my windows when that punk down the street pulls into his driveway. i'll look forward to that.:)
oh yah, loved the tempo delay on the group vocals at the end of Cincinnatti. more shit like that throughout, in my humble opinion. overall, really good work.
take care
Dr. Jhonny Fever....errr...garrett

Nice to hear some hip-hop, and though this particular syle isn't my favourite, it's obviously well produced. Vocals were crisp, and nicely dry, and the classical strings contrasted well with the rest of the backing. Bass sounded really good. Only thing I thought was that the beat on 'Ice' was a little boring - I expect a bit more syncpotation for hip-hop. Overall, very professional sounding :)

mid west, is where you'll rest,
come to the east coast and try to pass the test,
your not bullet proof,
make sure you come with a vest,
I advise you stay in Cleveland,
so you can continue breathing,
cuz in New York, guns clap 4 seasons!

holla!

Back