Original Song: American Idol - Please Listen!

I began by singing each part two times (using a normal tone for the base of the vocal, then, an octave below to bring out the natrual bass notes of the vocal), except for the chorus...

I sang the chorus three times, this time, adding a whispering part.

I, then, normalized, compressed, and normalized each part. Then, I mixed down each part into three groups (verse 1, verse 2, & chorus).

I moved each group in the timeline to fit each part of the song. After I have them where I want them, I lock them in time.

Then, I add the 5 Voices (Pro) effect to each part, then normalize them all again.

That's all I did.

So, give it a try.

Good luck!

One more thing I forgot ot mention before...

When I mixed the volume of the vocal tracks, I made the verses normal so they would fit the parts...

But, I mixed the chorus vocals just a little bit louder than the others because I wanted them to stand out more.

I guess it worked.

Anyway... That's all.

sounds incredibly like MM!! if thats what you were looking for, you def hit the nail on the head :tup: great job!!

the guitar could use a little more volume. i don't mean volume volume, like louder, but rather more space..it sounds a little..hmm....squished??

yould just be the encoding..

i LOVE the wailing guitar behind, sounds really top-notch.

vocals sound great - love the effects on it, love it!!

drums seem to stumble a bit on certain parts - like someone said, you seem to have a slightly different "groove" going on..

all round it sounds great man! good job..

peace,
MD

Thanks a lot for all of the great feedback! I really appreciate everything you said about my song. I plan to make more songs like American Idol, and I'll post them all right here at homerecording.com!

YEAH!

I didn't listen to the song yet. But i must step in and say. I LOVE YOUR LYRICS...you just said what many of us think.

You know...they should have like an American Idol type deal...but for writers...creators like us and call it something equally as insane like Super songwriters...and we write songs and surprise artists and celebrities perform it and the top person gets to write for someone super great and of course keep the writers royalties and....and... get a writers contract and be rich and happy forever.

Yeah...I know it won't fly...but it's a fun concept that no one but us would be interested in. But if that stupid dance contest made it...and america's top model...maybe their's hope!

Thanks. I love writing songs about things like this. The things that everyone thinks but never say. That's just the way I am.

Back