An orchestra attempt

A1A2

alright, most of you prob think I am a moron after my SaturdayNight series, but, this is somehting done when sober. Please have a listen.
This is my first attempt on orchestra stuff. So, any feeback on arrangement or mixing would be greatly appreciated!

*Lt. Bob. if you read this, this was intended to be the intro for that collab we never finished. After cutting my finger and the frustration trying not to sound too Floydish, I kinda gavee up. I will apply with a better one next time, that's a promise.

AL

"An orchestra attempt "

www.nowhereradio.com/a1a2/singles

well ill start by saying that i enjoy this kinda music alot. it sounds nice but it ended just as quick as it began, you realy should turn this into a whole score i like the sounds you used and your choice of notes was good for your first attempt add to this and make a score outta it and ill give it another listen. keep up the good work.

thanks, Flash. I have to agree with you on that. I am planning on using this as an intro to a rock tune tho. Dunno how it's gonna turn out yet.

Anyone else?

Al

Well done Al! Do you write a score, or do you just hear all that stuff in your head at once, and go record it one track at a time?

Twist

twist:
One track at a time. Started with 2 chords on guitar, then slowly converted each note of the chords into different tracks. To be honest, I only pictured one lead line, then filled in the rest as it goes.

Glad you liked it.

AL

Sounds like a great start to something...do something with it. I can't get your other tune outta my head LOL! Thanks AL.

Looks like I should make this into a longer orchestra piece.

Does anyone have any idea what usually sits on the lower frequency range for orchestra? cello and? mid and high? I am so new at this...

AL

pizzicato strings and some of the bassier notes on the cello make a nice foundationfor the bass side. i also add some orchestral hits. i take it your using a keyboard because your like me and dont have hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy all these instruments lol so the names may be different on your synth.also a tuba sounds nice if you dont over do it. ive found that if you keep it simple and compose a short song like this everyday for a week you will get a ear for it. also listen to some already composed songs if you have access. this kinda music is beutiful and it flows with emotion and lots of abrupt somtimes shocking changes.i played clarinet in high school symphony band and also played guitar in jazz band through my school. man that was a long time ago lol.looking forward to hearing this, maybe ill try and do one to if i can find time between guitar lessons. good luck and remember just keep it simple and flowing and it will sound great and if i were you id add some reverb to make it sound like its being played live in a hall or somthing. god bless tim pate.

Warning: Can't connect to MySQL server on '142.179.159.60' (113) in /home/sites/site1/web/artists/album.php on line 8

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on '142.179.159.60' (113) in /home/sites/site1/web/artists/album.php on line 8
Could not connect to server

thanks for the tips, Flash. I believe if I do stuff like this more often, I will eventually get decent at it, too :) I was afraid of using any reverb besides the ones in my synth, i guess I need to start explaoring mixing wise.

B.SABBATH: looks like NWR is back on now, at least for my page. check it out

AL

What instruments are you using? You call it an orchestral piece, but is it keyboards? Sorry to sound so stupid! :D It sounds great! I too think you should continue on with it. Very nice!

sounds very nice. what you cld do is to put in reverb so that each instrument can sit in it's place as in a real orchestra.

but the foundation u have here is really good. what keyboard/patches are u using here?

cheers!
kb

Hey man,
Very nice into material. This could bust into one of Cranky's as well. The strings kinda hit me with a ..."Here comes the metal" kinda feel ...kinda:) Nice stuff
g

A1A2...
I downloaded it two days ago. Very nice tune. It's kinda bit muddy in low-mid area. I couldn't determine th chord. :) (...what after Gm ? is it G Dim ?) Well, actually it's great for "soundtrack kind". If only you could get better synth/sample. :D LOL! Well, I liked to play it along with piano here. See if I'll get some idea to make it longer...

Umh, and yeah... you wanna read this thread...

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71280

Hope it helps.
;)
Jaymz

Guernica:

Thanks for the kind words. Metal wasn't on top of my head when making this. Some washed out acoustic git was tho.

James Argo:

I did this awhile ago, can't remeber the exact chords on the keyboard, but I think it was Gm, D#7th+natural7, A#, D7th, D#, D#min, Gm. At least on the guitar, this was the progression.

Thanks for the link! Very helpful!! and feel free to add whatever to it, and post a link if you want to:)

AL

James,

Also, how do people go about sampling orchestra stuff? I have never used a sampler before...and I don't think my Xp30 has a sampler built-in. But, I use Sonar, too, so, if you would share some ideas would be really cool.

Thanks

AL

Back