Opinions of demo

Track Rat said:
Not bad so far. The only thing that sticks out to me is the amp hum.

Thanks, I did notice that initially but I'd forgotten to fix it... Guess my ears aren't quite as good as I thought :)

Hey! i'm listening now...

sounds pretty cool. I like the samples and the way they're handled. i liked the way it was building up at the beggining, but it just kind of stopped layering. the main body seems a little thin... it's actually funny, because you'd mentioned on my song that you were waiting for an electric guitar to in, and I can really picture these heavily distorted grunge chords (just hit once and ring out...for each change).

I think this is really cool as is, but I could see a bit more layering for a tune like this...but take that with a grain of salt. sounds good!

by the way...i've got an (i guess)...antiwar tune on my site as well (also sampled CNN stuff from the first couple days of the war). it's much different than yours, but you might enjoy it...

good stuff man! keep it up!

Robertt8 said:
Hey! i'm listening now...

I think this is really cool as is, but I could see a bit more layering for a tune like this...but take that with a grain of salt. sounds good!

by the way...i've got an (i guess)...antiwar tune on my site as well (also sampled CNN stuff from the first couple days of the war). it's much different than yours, but you might enjoy it...

good stuff man! keep it up!

thanks :) I agree with your comments, it needs more. I had spent a couple of hours on it from start to finish, and made a rough mix to listen to while I decided where to take the song, and then my buddy came round to jam and after a few hours of... ahem... substance abuse... I kinda lost interest in it :)

I had a quick listen to your song. I really like the two songs I've heard of yours so far... Your vocal style is great!

cool idea for a song... way to stir the pot!

yup other than that amp hum,it sounds cool. maybe boost the vocals as mentioned already. sorry i couldn't be more help.

Back